Larry Mullen to guest on The Cleveland Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas's Will.i.am and U2's Larry Mullen Jnr are just some of the stars lending their voices to new Family Guy cartoon spin-off The Cleveland Show.
The series, showing on E4 in the UK, and created by Family Guy boss Seth MacFarlane follows the adventures of Cleveland Brown and his family.
Mike Henry, who voices the main character said: "Kanye could not be a cooler guy at our show - we do definitely have some jokes where he makes light of himself."
"He does some things out in public that stir up controversy and opinions. He knew that and we contacted him and he was totally up for doing the part."
'Cool' guy
The show, which began in the US last autumn and is already commissioned for a second season, has managed to enlist a number of big name musicians including the outspoken rapper.
"He's a recurring character," says Henry of Kanye West, who voices a character called Kenny West in the show. "He does an extended rap-off with Cleveland Jnr in an episode first season and he and Cleveland hook up and do another rap in season two.
"The first time we had actually written a rap for him. Five of our writers sat down to write this rap and they were like, 'I wonder how he's going to like it?'.
"But he was genuinely laughing. He very humbly asked if we could change one line which didn't feel right. He was even joking that we should write a song for his next album."
More stars
Of course, this isn't a new idea. Over the past two decades we've seen cameos from the likes of Green Day, Aerosmith and, most recently, Coldplay in shows like The Simpsons.
Other music stars lined up to take part in season two of The Cleveland Show are Black Eyed Pea's Will.i.am and rapper T Pain - who'll play sidekicks for Cleveland Jnr.
"We just recorded him last week and he was absolutely hilarious. He could do his own animated show he's got so many voices," says Henry of Will.i.am.
U2's drummer Larry Mullen Jnr also got in touch with the programme's creators through a mutual friend and asked to be involved.
"He came in and we hung out for a couple of hours. We just recorded him doing a couple of different parts and he was very funny.
"It's a thrill for me to do all this. U2 is my favourite band of all time and David Lynch the film director plays a part on our show.
"He [Mullen Jnr] plays a mobster in one episode; he plays a bad Elvis impersonator by design in another episode.
"He's got his own studio so we just record it from Dublin. You don't have to record at a certain time. It's an easy gig and one that people like to do.
"It's very cool to have all these people from different walks of entertainment participating in what we're doing."
The Cleveland Show airs at 10pm on E4 every Monday

Yeah that confused me for a spell. I edited the title to make it more clear.

Good on Larry for getting a part. :up:

Too bad it's The Cleveland Show though.

At least we can blame all future album delays on Seth MacFarlane. He's already to blame for lowering the bar of comedy, making Fox Animation MacFarlane Domination even less watchable, and the creation of a dog even preachier than Bono.

And hey, we get to hear Larry talk now. Or grunt, or what whatever it is he does. I've forgotten.

Well, it sounds like he has already recorded his parts from his own home, so it shouldn't delay the album. Unico can fuck off btw

SMB

The last few months have really shown me how hateful some of you guys are towards me and some other U2 fans. What happened to you all? I am seriously considering bashing this site big time at some of my shows and on my WaltCast. I plug this show often, but may consider plugging the U2.com forums instead. They may not be as big of U2 fans as you guys, but at least they all don't hate. You guys are just plain right awful ever since I broke out. I never once say bad stuff about you guys, unless you attack me first, such as this moment. Bono and them would be ashamed if they ever read some of th stuff you guys post about other people.

SMB

Ok everyone stop picking on Shawn.

Shawn, dont tell people to fuck off.

Back to the topic.

Fair enough. Back on topic, something I wanted to mention earlier. The Cleveland Show is not the hype I thought it would be. Family Guy is comedy gold, but CS is just plain weird. But, with Larry doing a couple of parts, it may get better? Wish he was doing Family Guy instead. Or American Dad (not great, but better than CS)

SMB

i don't think one episode with Larry could do anything to help that show. Family Guy is great, but i can't believe they actually thought a spin off with Cleveland could work. i don't know that a spin off with any character could work....maybe Quagmire, but that's about it.

I plug this show often, but may consider plugging the U2.com forums instead.

Career suicide isn't the answer, man.

Back to the topic.

:up:

And here all along I thought Larry was the surly miserable one who hated hip hop!!1!1! :shattered:

Well, it sounds like he has already recorded his parts from his own home, so it shouldn't delay the album.

He loves hip-hop. He just won't, you know, come within 500 feet of it. That restraining order from the late 90s still stands.

Back
Top Bottom