Lady With The Spinning Head - appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EDIT:

Much prefer the extended mix. You can't beat the much more Fly-esque solo and Ultraviolet intro-sounding part towards the end. And yes, the song is teh ballz.

This^

I cant remember the difference in the original and the Best of CD2 version, the Best of version is the one I listen to more.

Its the dogs bollocks. :rockon:

It's the mother of The Fly and Ultraviolet, you can hear them crawling around in it. :wink:

I don't hear Until The End Of The World in it, but it is the mother of Ultra Violet (hence the (UVI) tag at the end of the title). And the Extended Dance Mix (which to me doesn't really sound like a dance mix, but more like a full-length version) is even better! :combust:

Play the extended dance mix really loud -- one of U2's most under-appreciated efforts, IMO.

I totally listened to this song because of this thread, I'm not even lying or anything. I listened to it loud and hard. What do you Beach Clip worshipers have to say about that?! Nothing, right? I thought so.

Ideal would be if the "Wake Up Dead Man aka Take You Down" and "LWTSH" were one long song, like...

"wake up..wake up..wake up dead lady with the spinning head"
(imagine that, visually)

P.S.: love to listen to it after Levitate and let Holy Joe follow this goddesque creation of notes

i love the part in take you down, where they start with what we now know as ultra violet.
Different lyrics, but the last line is the same (as i can remember). Great moment. The guitar solo is the mother solo for the fly definitely.

I was just listening to this song the other day in my car and I went into this state of trance. I just went to this other world and when I came back I wanted to go back again. It really is a B-side that makes the top A-sides run for their money.

The song "WAKE UP" was sort of the prequel to this one. Love that one as well. It can be found on Salome b-sides.

Back
Top Bottom