Lady Gaga trieing to top U2 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzthief

The Fly
Lady Gaga is trieing to top U2's 360 tour in the ammount of money. The plan is to have 450 concerts in 2 years. I myself think that it's not going to work cause it's not that easy to keep fans coming back so many times for a coregraphed show. Plus when U2 will hear about it they will break it again. Plus plus U2 did it with less shows :D

wow, that's quite the interesting way of spelling.

Hm, I can't find myself to care about who gets the biggest tour though. I don't really see why I should.

450 shows in two years thats mad fairplay to her if she can pull it off

ffffuuuu.png

Nope, no way, don't think so. This will without doubt pull in a lot of cash, but not quite in the same league. Lady Gaga seems to make decent shows, but they're not shows you'd return to after seeing them once as you can do with U2.

You don't think there are *plenty* of people who would see her more than once? She'll go much wider than U2 as well - Asia etc. You're significantly underestimating her (rabid) popularity and reach. I reckon she can/could do it. And honestly, I'd be glad to see records like this being chased and earned by people like her, and for U2 to chase more meaningful accolades. So go GaGa.

I don't think she would sell out each show on a 450 date tour, and I don't know if she could physically perform 450 shows in 2 years. for somebody who does a lot of dancing around, it seems like it would certainly take a toll on her body after awhile.

As Earnie said, she's got a really huge reach. She's not as popular as U2 overall (meaning, career taken into account), but in 2011/2? I'd have to think she's got the wider reach easily, and can pull in oodles of teenagers and middle-aged people. Enough to break U2's record? I don't know. Maybe? I wouldn't bet on it, but I wouldn't say it can't happen.

This is U2's record, nobody else should even attempt to break it. If anyone dare attempt to break it they should be lit on fire immediately. There's no way in hell she can beat U2's massive 360 Tour and incredible stage and performances! Much less pull off 450 shows!

:wink:

You don't think there are *plenty* of people who would see her more than once? She'll go much wider than U2 as well - Asia etc. You're significantly underestimating her (rabid) popularity and reach. I reckon she can/could do it.

She's extremely popular, but I can see people being a bit reluctant at seeing two concerts as they are probably going to be very similar. Understandably so because of the strict structure (they can't go change choreography all the time, for example) of the shows and her at the moment small catalogue of songs.

Perhaps people won't care as long as they get to see Gaga, I don't know. She's a great artist, though. One of the best and most original artists in the business right now, so I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if she'd snatch that concert tour record soon enough. But I would be surprised if it came already. :shrug:

She's extremely popular, but I can see people being a bit reluctant at seeing two concerts as they are probably going to be very similar. Understandably so because of the strict structure (they can't go change choreography all the time, for example) of the shows and her at the moment small catalogue of songs.

As opposed to U2 fans who see multiple concerts because their shows are so different each night?

Good for her. I hope she does it. She also might die of over-exhaustion in the process, though. Girl works her ass off.

It all depends on how many dates she does it will be an arena tour so she would have to do alot if dates

Come on people... ever think maybe English is not the OPs first language? No need to be rude.

Between this and the Daily Show thread ... :down:

Personally i think Lady Gaga sucks. I like her message but to me her music all sounds the same.

I actually thought her popularity might have been fading a bit, but then again what do i really know. I don't pay any attention to "mainstream popular music" because to me, it sucks.

Doesn't Willie Williams work with her on tour? That could be a scheduling conflict if she is going to tour for 2 years, and then u2 (the2) decide to tour in 2013.

Personally i think Lady Gaga sucks. I like her message but to me her music all sounds the same.

I actually thought her popularity might have been fading a bit, but then again what do i really know. I don't pay any attention to "mainstream popular music" because to me, it sucks.

Doesn't Willie Williams work with her on tour? That could be a scheduling conflict if she is going to tour for 2 years, and then u2 (the2) decide to tour in 2013.

Confirmed Rumor: U2 won't tour until 2014 because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom