K'Naan covers U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should warn people that the song he covers is Suck in a moment. I almost fell for it and started watching. Had to stop at 9 seconds.:(

Good cover even if Stuck haters will bring it on no doubt.

Did they skip the "I was unconscious..." part ?

You should warn people that the song he covers is Suck in a moment. I almost fell for it and started watching. Had to stop at 9 seconds.:(

Isn't that what the caption already says? K'Naan "Stuck In A Moment" U2 Cover (LIVE)
So if people don't bother to read that part, will they bother to read any other description about what song is being covered? :p

Isn't that what the caption already says? K'Naan "Stuck In A Moment" U2 Cover (LIVE)
So if people don't bother to read that part, will they bother to read any other description about what song is being covered? :p

Actually it didn't show that for me. It just showed the youtube link again. only AFTER I played a bit it changed to Suck in a moment.

Well, he kinda talked it, but ok, sure. It had a little reggae vibe thing going on, put that song into a different context. He's a local, so I'll go easy on it.

If the whole song was like the chorus this would have been a decent cover. But as said before the verses don't work for me, he kind of just talks the song.
Far from the worst U2 cover i have seen.

My bad. I missed the disclaimer in the OP that stated personal opinions weren't welcome in this thread.

I agree with you, he might be a good singer but this is a bad choice of songs. He sounds all moany and annoying. And he's pretty much talking, not singing.

Either way, +1 for appriciation of U2 music.

And he's pretty much talking, not singing.

A propensity for hip-hop artists.

It's a neat arrangement, but I probably won't listen to it a second time. Shame it wasn't Your Blue Room or Exit or something U2 fans would actually listen to.

Yeah, I really didn't enjoy that very much at all. Didn't make it all the way through. And I quite like Stuck In A Moment.

I like K'Naan, and this cover is OK for me. But like most raggae artists, the voice sounds better with a faster tempo and more words, which this song doesn't have. He sounds whiny because he's trying to extend the words to fit this tempo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_UVGCs0OaI

pretty original take... I haven't seen this posted, but it's both recent and decent

Interesting..I'm not sure about the melody being right for the song though, it's different, I'll give him that!

ETA: it doesn't remind me of reggae much at all. But there's a part in the chorus when he sings "can't get out of it"...it's from an older tune or tunes...I'm tempted to say Motown or 70s soul, but I can't put my finger on it. One song in particular where it had that dum-dum-dumdum and then a quick snare lick tat-tat-tat..I know that's a pretty vague description but maybe someone knows/remembers..maybe Betty Wright?

Back
Top Bottom