Kite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie-book-2.jpg

I challenge anyone who thinks any of Kite's lyrics are blandly generic or debilitatingly cliche to write their own lyrics that deal with this subject matter in as much or more a poignant fashion and tug at my heartstrings so effectively. Use U2's music, even.

Go.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm a man !!!!!
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1473517063.160892.jpg

Gvox - I actually like the lyrics. The music itself has never really had staying power with me. I do admire it as ballad-anthem hybrid.

One or their best in the 00's for sure. Best ever ? No. Enjoy the longer solo in the 2006 live version.

Cliche lines (chorus) ? Fair enough but Bono's delivery makes it work, and the "I'm a man" part is one of his best vocal moments.

Great song...but in hindsight when Bono would fly an actual kite at the end of the song in 2006 was pretty cringe.

I hate myself for asking, but ..... did he really do that? Tell me he didn't really do that. Or even miming kite flying.

I'd normally say there's no way, but we all saw him crawling like a mulletted kitty cat during An Cat Dubh.

I hate myself for asking, but ..... did he really do that? Tell me he didn't really do that. Or even miming kite flying.

I'd normally say there's no way, but we all saw him crawling like a mulletted kitty cat during An Cat Dubh.
I Googled it, and yeah I think he actually did it.

jl2hpe.jpg

Which is cool because, you know, back in 1981 when he sang "I Threw a Brick Through a Window" he also picked up a brick and threw it through the local venue's window. That's rock and roll, baby!

Last edited:
Because "Here is a song called Kite, so I am going to fly an actual kite. In case you didn't know the song was called Kite."

Others:

During 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For', Bono roams the stage, mock-searching for his car keys.

During 'Where the Streets Have No Name', Bono takes out a street-sign and, using a small bottle of paint and a brush, paints over the name on the sign.

During 'New Year's Day', Bono holds up the January-page of the calendar and points to the 1st.

During 'Into the Heart', Bono shows a power-point video of heart surgery.

During 'Trip through your Wires', Bono takes out a long wire and, using a taser, sends an electric current through it to light a giant light bulb at side-stage.

During 'Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World', Bono takes out a large globe and hugs it.

During 'Love is Blindness', Bono puts on black glasses and walks with a cane (slowly) across the stage.

During 'Kite', Bono flies a kite from the stage... Oh wait...

During 'Love is Blindness', Bono puts on black glasses and walks with a cane (slowly) across the stage...

Bono does an impression of Stevie Wonder during "Love Is Blindness" and snippets "Superstition".
Bono crashes a car into the crowd during "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car".
Bono pelts audience members with lemons during "Lemon".
Bono helps a little old lady across the stage during "Stand Up Comedy".
Bono sings "Drowning Man" from inside a dunk tank.

Last edited:
He takes Ambien and falls asleep on a bed "Sleep comes like a drug" at the end of In Gods Country

3 hour intermission in which a nun brings out 2 African children to lie down next to Bono. Cue "Crumbs" on repeat throughout the arena.

Edge appears doing a solo version of "Wake Up Dead Man"

Giant lightbulb descends above Bono's bed.

Full band Ultraviolet

..during Mysterious Ways, a woman appears on stage, moving in mysterious ways while Bono sings '..she moves in Mysterious Ways..'.

..during TTTYAATW, Bono brings a woman on stage, throws his arms around her in a dance.

...during Ultraviolet, appears with a coat covered in laser pointers. None actually in the UV spectrum, but still.

..during Angel of Harlem, at least for the video, shows images of woman who inspired the song.

.. During Kite, sings his musings over fate and mortality while watching a kite overhead, just as he did in the moment with his kids that inspired the song.

Sent from my fingertips.

..during Mysterious Ways, a woman appears on stage, moving in mysterious ways while Bono sings '..she moves in Mysterious Ways..'.

..during TTTYAATW, Bono brings a woman on stage, throws his arms around her in a dance.

...during Ultraviolet, appears with a coat covered in laser pointers. None actually in the UV spectrum, but still.

..during Angel of Harlem, at least for the video, shows images of woman who inspired the song.

.. During Kite, sings his musings over fate and mortality while watching a kite overhead, just as he did in the moment with his kids that inspired the song.

Sent from my fingertips.

Precisely

Just listened to Kite for the first in a while probably in over a year. Probably the top song I'm sad they haven't played in the last 10 years (of those that would get at least a serious chance of being played in a concert now.) It's really great.

I really like Kite. But from first listen till now I always thought the music was a bit samey. Not the solo, that's cool.
Great lyric and delivery though

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

During With or Without You, the audience is placed inside a sealed box and fail to reemerge as Bono has misplaced his glasses.

Back
Top Bottom