Kendrick Lamar - "XXX." ft. U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A lot of pleasantly surprised tweets that the song is "actually good". Glad for the band.

Last edited:
Wait... is that two interference approved Bono vocals in a row (incl. RHMT clip we heard)?

Song does little for me (just can't warm to the genre - not saying it isn't 'good' though). But awesome to see them get involved, and this will only do good things for them.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like most genres of music but this is one that I cannot warm to. Pretty much grew up through school with Rap and Hip Hop in a great place with its popularity surging.....

I was always into great grooves, great melodies and a great vocal, mainly Dance and Rock music.

I can however appreciate very good songwriting under the rap and hip hop genre, I like the nod to America and the political phenomenon that has just occurred.

I can understand politically why Bono would want to feature on this track but it's a bit bizarre and has left me feeling confused about it all to be honest [emoji4]

Overall it's not something I would listen to let alone buy, shouldn't it just be Bono credited on the song and not U2? I can only hear a electronic production going on in 'XXX'

CiFBRr.gif

I like most genres of music but this is one that I cannot warm to. Pretty much grew up through school with Rap and Hip Hop in a great place with its popularity surging.....

I was always into great grooves, great melodies and a great vocal, mainly Dance and Rock music.

I can however appreciate very good songwriting under the rap and hip hop genre, I like the nod to America and the political phenomenon that has just occurred.

I can understand politically why Bono would want to feature on this track but it's a bit bizarre and has left me feeling confused about it all to be honest [emoji4]

Overall it's not something I would listen to let alone buy, shouldn't it just be Bono credited on the song and not U2? I can only hear a electronic production going on in 'XXX'

You can't hear the piano? The second half of the song obviously has real drums as well. And surely you can hear the bass?

Getting rave reviews online. Just saw this one

"The song with U2 on it is like the hardest song on the album... well played Kendrick..."

I think the song works so well because of how they were used so unexpectedly. It almost sounds like it's just a sample of an old song when Bono is singing. It doesn't sound like u2 at all. You get a hint of them at the beginning then it just goes into a beat with Bono and co showing up at the end. Very subtle feature. I think a lot of people expected Vertigo or Beautiful Day, big in your face stuff. Like someone tweeted "it actually works it's not u2-y at all". Nice to see Bono revisiting his Sinatra here too.

Sometimes less is more.

Last edited:
I need to get off any screens for the rest of the night, but yay! Can't wait to hear it tomorrow.

Nearly every impression I've seen online has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm seriously impressed with how well done it is.

U2 fans who aren't into Kendrick are going to be disappointed by their relatively minimal presence.

But damn that is some lovely bass playing from Adam, and Larry right behind him. Bono when he's not in Heal The World mode isn't going to bug people as much as he usually does.

Back
Top Bottom