Kendrick Lamar - "XXX." ft. U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's also a very modern album release wherein it's chucked out there once it's done, so almost nobody was probably aware that the LP was finished until fairly recently. Plus, there won't be any point in U2's camp actually promoting it until it can be heard which will be Friday.

Well, in the past we've seen Insta photos of U2 in the studio with various visiting artists. It's certainly possible that Kendrick asked the band to keep it under wraps so it could be a surprise, and they obliged him.

As we've said before, this helps U2 a lot more than it helps Kendrick.

I will never let down the hip hop snob comment will I? Haha!! I do make beats as a hobby. Feel free to check some out on Instagram I posted. There's one where I sampled New Years Day. I'm a novice and don't claim to be very good so go easy on me should you choose.

https://instagram.com/p/BSrZL_Zj0JD/

Sick.

(I hope your church's phone number is unlisted, tho..)

Just looked at the Australian iTunes listen, and it has moved the release day back to 16 April...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

it already has 800 4 and 5 star reviews on iTunes hailing it as the greatest album of the year. lol.
And not one mention of U2 in the 50 or so that i looked at. That's good news.
Can't wait to hear it.

Apparently the track is fucking phenomenal. I haven't heard a single negative word about it from hip hop fans.

Just heard it. Quite good. I wonder if that's Edge on piano, Adam on base, Larry on drums? Very chill vibe, Bono nailed the refrain.

The first half is intense.

Well, that wasn't what I expected. Enjoyable to hear something different from the band with a restrained Bono. Just wish Edge had played ya know, the guitar.

Oh my God it's an actual feature :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

This is so out of left field and I love it. Never in a million years would I have guessed that U2 would collaborate with Kendrick Lamar.

Kendrick Lamar - "XXX." ft. U2

It's not a place
This country is to be a sound
Of drum and base
You close your eyes to look around

???

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom