Just the best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duder2005

Babyface
So I've read this forum for years. I grew up with U2 in the background of my life in the early '80s as U2 was on "cable TV MTV" at my friends house. I officially became a U2 diehard the moment I saw the goose-bump inducing opening to the Rattle and Hum trailer....(full disclosure I think the movie was CRITTERS). I saw ZOO TV live. I've seen every tour since. I'm now a full blown tour following-bootleg junkie like everyone here.

Anyway, I play all kinds of music to my son on the way to preschool Tue/Thu each week. And me being me...I play U2 regularly. So to make a long story short, I have answered my kid many times which song is which.

So tonight, on the way home from a friend's house, One comes on. At a stoplight I looked back and there he was mouthing all the words "pretending" to belt out every word.

I'm a 37 year old sarcastic, shit-talking asshole....but that moment blew me away.

Just. The. Best.

Beautiful, thanks for this, i would love it if any of my kids got into the band and we maybe even shared a concert one day. I LOVE the way you describe this at the stopsign. Has been a great start to my day -thank you.

Very cool. :)

I converted my two teenage (at the time) daughters to big U2 fans. It happened during one showing of U23D. They went from non-fans to diehards during that 85 minutes. When the lights came up I asked them if they liked it, and they asked if we could return the tickets we had for another movie later and stay and watch U23D again instead. It was one of my favorite moments ever. :D

Awww, I totally get what you mean! :cute: I remember when my son was 3 and I heard him singing "Walk On" while he was playing. My 11 year old dughter wrote out the some of her favourite lyrics to "Zooropa" on the fog in the bathroom mirror after a shower one day. There is something so special about having your children like the songs as much as you do.

You are sarcastic? You should fit right in here. Welcome to the boards! :up:

Back
Top Bottom