Just heard Kite live in Syndey for the first time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I got the WitS ( Blech!) single because I heard the performance of Kite was good.

Good God man it's insane. Kite has always been my favorite U2 song but this is just insane. That guitar solo. The bass... everything about this is amazing. They need to play this thing more. Good lord. Probably my favorite U2 performance ever.

:heart:

Now that you've did it hear One live in Modena from the Miss Sarajevo single.

:heart:

Yeah, I hunted down a Japanese WITS maxi-single just for this. It is stunning. :drool:

Unfortunately, the best song on the CD... although I do like WITS.

And, yeah, if you haven't heard One from the Miss Sarajevo single, you absolutely must. There's a bootleg of the performance on U2Start.

love the way edge expands the initial solo and takes it to another place...god i wish i could hear it in person.:drool:

And then Bono had to totally screw it up by name-dropping and calling out to the actress Cate Blanchette. It's that kind of at once ego-centric and celebrity ingratiating that pisses me off about Bono in his later years.

Makes me fracking sick!

It would be one thing to shout out to some fan who requested the song BEFORE the song started, but to do some cheesy call out to a millionaire celebrity whom he wouldn't give a frack about unless she or he were famous? Pathetic and ruinous of the song.

And then Bono had to totally screw it up by name-dropping and calling out to the actress Cate Blanchette. It's that kind of at once ego-centric and celebrity ingratiating that pisses me off about Bono in his later years.

Makes me fracking sick!

It would be one thing to shout out to some fan who requested the song BEFORE the song started, but to do some cheesy call out to a millionaire celebrity whom he wouldn't give a frack about unless she or he were famous? Pathetic and ruinous of the song.

yup.............why bono why? i wish i could edit that stupid comment out

I have to agree, that shout out to Cate Blanchett does ruin it a little bit....just a little.
What's great about the Melbourne 18th version is him telling Edge to "take it off, take it off", which of course he does...but not in the way the ladies were hoping!

Absolutely phenomenal solo!

Is there a good quality live version of The First Time from the Vertigo Tour around anywhere?

The one from Buenos Aries is in soundboard, and it was a pretty good performance, though sort of funny watching Bono trying to get the audience singing the right bit and not really having any success.

T

It was a cool surprise with the yirdaki at the end of the Australian concerts. Probably the only times I've enjoyed Kite, although to me it's by no means a bad song to begin with.

yup.............why bono why? i wish i could edit that stupid comment out

I have to agree, that shout out to Cate Blanchett does ruin it a little bit....just a little.

Phew! I thought I might get attacked for that. Glad I'm not the only one. I actually bought the single and had it for ages and was saving it up; months later I'm walking down the street with my ear phones and got the shock. It was going so well and then....NOOOOOoooo!

and Zoo Station live on the same disc !! and Tower Of Song on the second disc !! best b-side combo in a long long time..

It's one of the best versions they ever did. Even though I miss the lines that Bono took out everything in it is fantastic. The soul singing at the beginning, Edge's solos, Adam's bass, Larry's wonderful sensibilities and that instrument that is played (sorry, I forgot the name) which fits well with the song for some reason. I wouldn't mind if they brought it back to end some of those shows on cities they are playing multiple nights.

I got the WitS ( Blech!) single because I heard the performance of Kite was good.

Good God man it's insane. Kite has always been my favorite U2 song but this is just insane. That guitar solo. The bass... everything about this is amazing. They need to play this thing more. Good lord. Probably my favorite U2 performance ever.

I was never a big fan of kite till I heard this version, now I can't wait to hear it live again.

does someone have a youtube clip or bootleg or anything of this performance of Kite and this other incredible performance of One? I'm pretty sure I've heard both before, but not quite sure. Thanks :)

Is there a good quality live version of The First Time from the Vertigo Tour around anywhere?
Try grabbing the entire Honolulu show (last of the tour); it is absolutely amazing, with a really cool audience/audience/IEM matrix sound mix that sounds great and took the guy six months to make:
U2 start.com | Bootlegs | 2006-12-09 - Honolulu, Hawaii - Aloha Stadium
It's also on u2torrents, if you prefer lossless audio.
How's the rest of that Sydney show?
The entire fifth leg of the tour is absolutely stunning.

Try grabbing the entire Honolulu show (last of the tour); it is absolutely amazing, with a really cool audience/audience/IEM matrix sound mix that sounds great and took the guy six months to make:
U2 start.com | Bootlegs | 2006-12-09 - Honolulu, Hawaii - Aloha Stadium
It's also on u2torrents, if you prefer lossless audio.

The entire fifth leg of the tour is absolutely stunning.

Yup. The Saitama shows...:drool:

Definitely get Melbourne 18th as well. I like that Kite better than the Sydney version, but both are outstanding. :up:

Back
Top Bottom