Just gonna leave this here...it really cheered me up, hopefully it will for you too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thought Pride didn't really fit in ZooTV, the only part that made it tie in and work was the MLK speech on the TV. And that part alone made this song on that tour, what a beautiful memory...:drool:

YouTube - U2 Pride (In The Name Of Love) Live From ZooTV Sydney

An oldie, but a goodie. I absolutely love this performance. Especially the beginning, when Bono shouts, "IN THE NAME OF LOVE" and starts jumping, which everyone in the audience does as well.

:drool:

Thanks for posting this!!

Bono sang it better on other tours, but I've always loved Zoo TV Pride. The MLK video, the final run through the chorus right after it, the gold lights that came up and blinded everyone as the main set ended with Larry doing that extended drum outro. All just amazing!

And you are now going to get me off on somewhat of a tangent! Sorry everyone!

This has always been one of my favorite versions of Pride, and mostly for the exact reason you mentioned, the beginning part!

In addition, there is just something about the entire Running To Standstill-Streets-Pride end to the main set on Zoo TV Sydney that just grabs you emotionally! Even when compared to other Zoo TV shows, I mean, it was always incredible, but that was just a highly emotional night.

It shows especially here as well as in WOWY and Love is Blindness.

I remember watching a Youtube video of WOWY from this show and someone pointed out that before the outro, Bono was looking back at the main stage and it looked as if he was crying. Someone else responded that U2 thought at the time that this may be their last show. I immediately thought to myself "that's crazy, even if they had no plans to go on after Zoo TV, they still had a hand full of dates left to finish!"

Then, after reading U2 by U2 and all of the band members' accounts of Adam's alcoholism and missed show, I understood what that person meant. If you read into that time period, Larry, Edge and Bono were seriously searching themselves to figure out what to do about Adam. They talked of stopping all together, of him leaving the band, of taking a break to support Adam's recovery, etc.

They considered it urgent. So urgent that they probably wouldn't have had a problem filming the DVD as planned and then postponing indefinitely if it came to that.

So thats not too bad of an explanation for why things seemingly got a lot more emotional as the end of the show drew near.

RTSS/Streets from this tour is the pinnacle of everything the band has ever done in my opinion.

I agree.

I think that's my favorite live moment ever. It works so good. It's so beautiful.

The reason I say that that is my favorite live moment is because it is the only time a live sequence from a U2 concert has broken me down emotionally to the point where I had tears streaming down my face

I agree.

I think that's my favorite live moment ever. It works so good. It's so beautiful.

The reason I say that that is my favorite live moment is because it is the only time a live sequence from a U2 concert has broken me down emotionally to the point where I had tears streaming down my face

i also agree
although the slane all i want is you/streets is almost up there as well
i remember buying this dvd having never seen zootv before didnt even know what the whole thing meant but freaked out seeing the running to stand still bit
it was an amazing show i wish i was there:sad:

The Zoo TV BTBS / RTSS / Streets / Pride is perhaps their greatest ever sequence of songs in a live set. Perfectly placed and perfectly linked. Totally awesome when you consider the RTSS / Streets segue.

I'd also rate Bad / October / NYD / Pride from the UF and JT tours as also being a damn good 4 song sequence.

The Zoo TV BTBS / RTSS / Streets / Pride is perhaps their greatest ever sequence of songs in a live set. Perfectly placed and perfectly linked. Totally awesome when you consider the RTSS / Streets segue.

Even in Zoo TV's younger days, where ISHFWLF and Stand By Me occasionally popped up, was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom