I've just spoken to the Edge !!!!! (of a tribute band)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boystupidboy

Refugee
He was a really nice bloke,very 'down to earth'.
I asked him what he thought of the new single and to quote him he said "its a bit crap...not u2's best work...its Vertigo re-hashed"
Ha ha i was right ! the new single is a bit shoddy :down:

So if you get a chance to see the Australian u2 show anytime please do...nice bunch of blokes and the Edge has got him off to a tee.

Gotta love tribute acts :drool:

BsB

tribute bands especially u2 tribute bands suck.
:down:
Goyb sounds alittle better than vertigo.(you dont know how beautiful) that part is good.

but you can still hear some of the Suckage that was in vertigo in Goyb.

vertigo ends (yayayayaya) goyb also ends like(yayayaaa) Lame.

I told you guys. Boots is a piece of junk and u2 are washed up! even a tribute band
guy has to admit the new stuff sucks

And "Stay" was a rehash of "One" and "All I Want..." and "All I Want..." was a real rehash of "With or Without You". Some may even argue that "One" was a rehash of WOWY! There are similarities in all these songs.

I finally heard GOYB on the radio last night and, once again, I did not hear elements of "Vertigo" in it. It is a faster paced song with the use of staccato, but that's where the similarities end. If one can't see that, then is there any real difference in any U2 songs?

As for tribute bands... fun once every five years or so. :yes:

just because we may not agree with the topic, doesn't mean it needs to get locked.
I'm not too interested in what a tribute band says. Obviously this isn't their best song, but it's still good.

just because we may not agree with the topic, doesn't mean it needs to get locked.
I'm not too interested in what a tribute band says. Obviously this isn't their best song, but it's still good.

Well, but does this thread have a real topic?

If so, I don't get it.

Tribute band things should be posted in EBTTRT, in the tribute band threads, and the opinions on Boots belong in that thread.
Overall I don't see much use for this thread to stay open.

I'll instantly change my mind on GOYB now, because fake Edge's opinion is the only true opinion and we shall not disagree. Therefore I'm deeply ashamed right now for liking GOYB. Fake Edges of the world, forgive me. :sad:

(I hope after fake Edge's statement, all awful U2 tribute bands will finally break up because they don't like U2's music any longer. The world will be a better place.)

What is the topic?? :scratch:

Seems to me like the OP wanted to 1). Brag that he knows someone in a U2 tribute band, 2). Advertise for that tribute band, and 3). Bash 'Boots.'

None of these things is really a viable topic that needs its own thread in EYKIW.

What is the topic?? :scratch:

Seems to me like the OP wanted to 1). Brag that he knows someone in a U2 tribute band, 2). Advertise for that tribute band, and 3). Bash 'Boots.'

None of these things is really a viable topic that needs its own thread in EYKIW.

Yes I agree. The OP already has a topic about going to see this tribute band in Even Better Than The Real Thing and there are plenty of other threads in the new album forum to talk about the single. It's not about agreeing with topic, that isn't why threads get locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom