Isle of Wight 2009 Headliners: U2, Oasis & The Prodigy (God exists if this is real)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadForIt

Refugee
Isle of Wight 2009 Headliners: U2, Oasis & The Prodigy on the Horizon

:hyper:I will sell my kids (if i had any) to be there if this is true:hyper:

I already have tickets for Oasis Heaton Park but they can go on ebay to fund this if this is real!

But the rumours are spreading thick and fast:hyper:

Isle of Wight Festival - Isle Of Wight 2009 | Virtual Festivals:hyper:

&

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Playlist :: FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE: Green Day, Oasis and The Boss... but no Radiohead:hyper:

u2.jpg

&

bandpic_688.jpg

=
0154_Heaven_christian_clipart.jpg

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

u2 do not do festivals...they do not need to split a gate with anyone, and they dont do things "just in the spirit" they gotta get paid, and paid big. If anything their own stadium tour tends to be its own festivals with a couple decent openers lilke ZOOropa tour

and they dont do things "just in the spirit" they gotta get paid, and paid big.

Well this part isn't true, they've done many of events for causes and haven't got paid...

That being said I still think this all false based purely on the fact that Prodigy will be there...

Prodigy??? Did we somehow travel back to the mid 90's?

That being said I still think this all false based purely on the fact that Prodigy will be there...

Prodigy??? Did we somehow travel back to the mid 90's?

They have a new album out mid-February, I saw them in a small club in December and it was absolutely incredible, one of the best gigs I have ever been to. Admittedly their output is slow but this year they will make a real impact, the new songs from the album sound amazing!

U2 don't do festivals because they dominate them, not because of money. I know all about them nearly doing an Australian festival during/instead of the Elevation Tour, and the idea was pulled because the fear was U2 fans would dominate ticket sales, screwing over fans of the other 40 odd acts on the bill, and would then 'camp' at the main stage, again ruining the day of the fans there for other acts, who may or may not care about U2 at all. It's also one of the reasons why when they are at charity events/festivals, they often play early, never headline - and you'll notice they often announce their inclusion late, when ticket sales are already (or almost) exhausted.

until i see the official lineup i can at least dream of this lineup

it would better if it was

friday oasis
sat u2
sun Paul McCartney

then i can see the 3 best acts (Macca is all that is left) of all time

U2 should do this and then a surprise appearance at Slane

I don't think there's the slightest chance of this happening, for a lot of reasons, safety and crowd control being a big one. In a crowd that big (60,000, according to the first link), there would probably be such hysteria when the band took the stage that people would get pushed around and/or trampled.

Every year there are rumors of U2 playing this or that festival. I think it is a marketing strategy by the festivals to boost ticket sales. Three years in a row the guy who organizes Glastonbury kept dropping hints that he was talking to U2 and they were going to play only to turn around and claim that the band dicked him over. It gives them LOTS of free press as any U2 rumor travels around the globe through all areas of media. Same goes for a lot of the Bono bashing, it's all to draw attention and get free media coverage. Bono keeps saying he'd love to play festivals but he has also said it just wouldn't work. The drawback to how big they have gotten is that there are things they just can't do because of safety and security issues.

Dana

I don't think there's the slightest chance of this happening, for a lot of reasons, safety and crowd control being a big one. In a crowd that big (60,000, according to the first link), there would probably be such hysteria when the band took the stage that people would get pushed around and/or trampled.

I don't see why this has any more relevance to U2 than another big band. If anything Oasis playing would incite more hysteria due to the type of fans that would be present. I'm not saying that in a negative way on Oasis fans but I've been right down the front at 2 big Oasis gigs and its definitely a different sort of crowd to a U2 gig.

^^^^^^^

Both Oasis and U2 have very loyal fans who would snap tickets up

if they promoters want a definite sell out then they know what to do!

Bono can take care of that.

YouTube - U2 BAD Live Aid 1985

U2 being there would not cause any safety issues
people would just go mental like at a normal concert

It would be the best festival EVER

They should find the biggest venue in the UK outdoor - make it 350,000 per day and then do a festival there!

U2 should do one giant gig for the tour, and call it a day. Build an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, with seating space for five million.

U2 with Prodigy....That might just be crazy enough to be true.

I hope not though. Man I really don't like Oasis at all. The Gallaghers are some of the biggest douches in the music industry. Plus I find their music extremely overrtated. Blur is way better. Heh heh.

U2 with Prodigy....That might just be crazy enough to be true.

I hope not though. Man I really don't like Oasis at all. The Gallaghers are some of the biggest douches in the music industry. Plus I find their music extremely overrtated. Blur is way better. Heh heh.

:blahblah:

i give it less than 1%. U2 will probably not do festivals. They would dominate the festival and there will be an even more massive run on tickets which will cause a huge disbalance in the public at the festival...

However, Bruce Springsteen and the E-street Band are headlining at least one festival this year, the Dutch pinkpop festival. http://www.pinkpop.nlAlso they will probably cause a big run for tickets... However, U2 are even bigger than bruce so I still see it highly unlikely (in spite of big rumours that also U2 will headline pinkpop festival...)

i give it less than 1%. U2 will probably not do festivals. They would dominate the festival and there will be an even more massive run on tickets which will cause a huge disbalance in the public at the festival...

Would there though?? I think it would cause a lot of people to not go. You know how stupid a lot of people are when it comes down to U2.

U2 should do one giant gig for the tour, and call it a day. Build an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, with seating space for five million.

The Stones tried....
Have you never heard of Mu????

Back
Top Bottom