Is The Edge Still U2's Best Guitarist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My reply was not to your comment. I was comparing him with all other great guiterist. And also i think, answer to your question lies in there.

why are we writing off Larry's guitar-work? theres a pic of him with a guitar in the Pop sleeve isnt there?

Btw, if how you play chords is a judge of someone's guitar playing then Noel Gallagher would probably be the equivalent of Hendrix :hmm:

Thanks for the replies guys.

It's nice to know many share my sentiments about The Edge status' as U2's top guitarist.

...qg

:lmao: I thought... some people.

This thread kicks ass five stars.

quietguy...the Edge is simply the greatest musician of his generation. I don't think anyone with a brain would disagree....

Remember this is a U2 forum man. That shit don't fly.

I have read that Bono has greatly improved his guitar playing over the past decade (who can forget his Latin-flavored intro to the acoustic Staring At The Sun Popmart version). Adam has also returned to guitar chores since U2 reintroduced "40" to their setlists, but was already holding an acoustic guitar as early as 1985 in the video of "Do They Know It's Christmas?" by Band Aid. So these are new developments.

Edge relies on a lot of guitar effects (infinite guitar in WOWY) and delays (Streets, Bad, Ultraviolet) and distorted power chords (Vertigo, Hold Me Thrill Me) for his signature sounds.

Let's just say if Edge, Adam, and Bono were to compete without reliance to effects, pedals or amplifiers. On a pure acoustic guitar, on a chord-by-chord basis, who do you think would come out on top?

I still think The Edge is still the sheriff in town when it comes to U2. Anyone think otherwise?

...qg

You really really want to know the truth? :hmm:
I don´t know if you can handle the truth.

Ok, I will tell you,
come over here slowly.... and I will whisper it in your ear...
My 90 year old grandmother plays guitar better than Bono, and
she taught The Edge how to play the electric guitar.

:lol:
Well, what do you expect.
Ask a crazy question and you will get a crazy answer

bc18eef8e32de4b6729053b610e374e61288079ed52f795989c7db306c6a9e99.jpg

quiet guy makes a really good point here. yes, it's quite plausible that bono and adam are better guitarists than edge for obvious reasons eloquently outlined here by quiet guy.

Back
Top Bottom