Is anyone having doubt after hearing "Boots"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember when Bono said The Fly sounded sounded like "Four men chopping down the Joshua Tree"?

Get On Your Boots sounds like some big sweaty guy swatting The Fly.

That's pretty much the only similarity it has with Vertigo... Boots has a lot more going on and is a much better song than Vertigo.

I concur. :up: I'm liking it more and more, in spite of having moments where I'm still not crazy about it. I listened to an mp3 of the Grammy performance today while walking around outside--the intro to that is pure gold. I can really envision now how the song will work in the context of a tour.

Stacked against Vertigo, I think there's much more flexibility in a live setting for Edge, and also for Bono, with the use of different codas and phrasing.

I was so excited to hear Boots, I borrowed my friends iphone on break at work to get it from itunes, and I was floored. I was impressed and excited because it didn't sound like U2!! Forgive me but I find that have begun to sound like a parody of themselves. I thought if I had heard Boots on the radio, not knowing it was u2, I'd never have guessed until Bono started singing. It has a cool retro vibe, the guitar is killer, and despite somewhat silly lyrics, it's just a fun rock song. I got excited for the album finally.

Now listening to the 30 sec clips on the other hand, my hope that I'd like this one went away in an instant. I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

But I always say, for any band...if you are waiting for a new album that sounds like one of their old ones, just listen to the old one. So if I end up not liking this one, I'll go back to my 90s u2, no problems :)

Back
Top Bottom