Introducing new meme: Angry Larry Mullen Junior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my unsolicited opinion: I think you know exactly what kind of response you will get by trotting out that story at random times, and you like to sit back and watch the expected reactions roll in.

And that, in fact, is the definition of trolling. You're not like this all the time, of course, but it comes across like you are doing this because you want the reaction you're getting. It reads to me like you're trying to prove some sort of point.

Obviously, I might be completely off base here, but that's how it's coming across to me.

Feel free to react in an appropriately, or legitimately, appalled manner, but there you go.

Here's my unsolicited opinion: I think you know exactly what kind of response you will get by trotting out that story at random times, and you like to sit back and watch the expected reactions roll in.

And that, in fact, is the definition of trolling. You're not like this all the time, of course, but it comes across like you are doing this because you want the reaction you're getting. It reads to me like you're trying to prove some sort of point.

Obviously, I might be completely off base here, but that's how it's coming across to me.

Feel free to react in an appropriately, or legitimately, appalled manner, but there you go.

Not really. I mean, earlier you said you thought it had something to do with the remaster thing (which sort of made laugh). Again, who brought that up here? Not me.

Sometimes a Larry story is just a Larry story. Again, if someone doesn't like it, they can ignore it, or roll their eyes, or go along with it, tell me it's stupid, they don't believe me,whatever. Different people all did variations of that, and I don't have a problem w/it. But personal attacks and name calling? Nope. I'm not responsible for others bad behaviour. And I'm certainly not a "troll".

If I were interested in trolling, I'd hang out in the "Bono is bald/faking his back injury" threads where the real nastiness goes on. I don't.

It was your John Vanderslice comment earlier in the thread that made me wonder if you were trying to loop this back into the remaster thing.

But whatever. I'm going back to watching the Packers season fizzle out in unglorious fashion. It's uglier than this thread.

It was your John Vanderslice comment earlier in the thread that made me wonder if you were trying to loop this back into the remaster thing.

But whatever. I'm going back to watching the Packers season fizzle out in unglorious fashion. It's uglier than this thread.

Yeah. Anyway, the whole thing's giving me a headache and I'm moving back to the "Rate a Song" fun. Just can't let the "troll" accusation go unanswered on an internet forum. If I was really interested in causing trouble, I would have said something about Tim Tebow somewhere. :)

Enjoy the game (well, unless you're a Packers fan, in which case that might be kind of hard). :)

It is extremely difficult, I must say. I am not a happy shareholder.

And fair enough - I'll stop thinking you're stirring shit up.

Ok, because of overwhelming demand, I'll tell the story one more time. It's well known in U2 circles, and has been independently confirmed, but for those who don't know it...

I was walking along the Grand Canal Docks in Dublin when I spied a group of street toughs doing a beat down on this skinny kid. I jumped in to help out, and together we fought the hooligans off. Kid thanked me and took off running, saying he was "late for a shoot." This being Dublin in the early 80's, I thought he meant shooting up heroin, but I found out later it was Larry Mullen, and he was on his way to the photo shoot for the October album cover that very day.

Anyway, if you look at his photo on the cover you can see the bruise under Larry's eye where one of the miscreants landed a right hook.

True story.

Even if that happened, and you were able to fight off an entire group of people with just yourself and Larry, who apparently was useless in a fight, unless they intended to murder him, you didn't fucking save anyone's life. Just to point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom