Introducing new meme: Angry Larry Mullen Junior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of late.

k9tb9v.png

Don't flatter yourself :lol:

Maybe when you form one half of the best hip-hop duo the world's ever seen and then release a killer solo album as you wait for your partner to get his shit together.

Can someone explain the difference between independently confirmed rumors and the confirmed rumors to which I've grown accustomed? Thanks.

the best hip-hop duo the world's ever seen and then release a killer solo album as you wait for your partner to get his shit together.

Been sayin this for YEARS! Fuck man, I was on Skype with that mofo just a couple nights ago and said the very same thing. This was his response to me, I screencapped it for posterity:

Eric%2BB.png

Guess I'll have to just keep killin 'em myself for now..

Signed,

The Other Member Of The Greatest Hip-Hop Duo The World Has Ever Known <- NOT DEBATABLE

Well, I vanish for a day and I see my Larry story is all the rage here!

Hmmmmm. Considering the few people who have gone apoplectic over a U2 encounter story have an average of, what, 30,000 posts here each (one as high as 60,000), I'm not surprised some don't have anything better to do than go into a tailspin about something like this. Really….why the anger and rage over a story? Life is short. Seems I don't recall addressing anyone in particular w/that story, yet the the vitriol in the responses was oddly…personal.

[edited - sharing content from other members' PMs without their permission is against the rules. --yolland]

Stay classy guys. Oh, and I'll tell Larry you said hi. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
First step: mild amusement.

Then came irritation and annoyance.

Leading to weariness and eyerolling.

Expected end result: ignoring.

As for the two people who called me a troll on this thread, since one of them gets scolded by the mods for bad behaviour on a regular basis (including twice this week), and the other publicly thanked me for help in getting her missing copy of the Deluxe Achtung Baby (so I can't be that bad of a troll!), I'll just consider the source and not respond in kind.

Thank you for the help Nick, guess I needed a bit of a kick in the arse to finally stand up to this ridiculous treatment.

You're welcome!

Hmmmmm. Considering the few people who have gone apoplectic over a U2 encounter story have an average of, what, 30,000 posts here each (one as high as 60,000), I'm not surprised some don't have anything better to do than go into a tailspin about something like this. [/i]

You post in here as much as anyone, chief

If your point is that people can be helpful in one thread and obnoxious in another, gosh, let me alert the media.

(and before you say it, I'll beat you to the punch: I said the end result was ignoring when one is being obnoxious; it's not an immediate achievement. ;) )

If your point is that people can be helpful in one thread and obnoxious in another, gosh, let me alert the media.

Fair enough. But not liking something someone says, and saying so, is one thing. But going around calling someone a "Troll" in multiple threads is quite another. I don't care if someone says the Larry story is stupid, or made up, or not funny, whatever (in fact I expected it). But if someone is going to get vitriolic and start calling me a troll here and in threads that have nothing to do with this one, yeah, I'm going to take issue with that. The Larry story was pretty innocuous and didn't attack anyone....and wasn't directed at anyone.

I mean, really. Name calling?

Sorry, you can't run around a forum maligning someone and not expect a response. I don't care how long you've been here or if you have 6 posts or 60,000 (that's a rhetorical "you"...this is directed your way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom