Interference's Top 209 U2 Songs, The Results Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
19. (-) Moment of Surrender - 1085.0

"it personifies EXACTLY what the hell is wrong with this band. The VERY skeleton of the song, is a simple keyboard with four or so notes repeated over and over. Eno THEN throws a pile of stuido crap over it, and VOILA!! A boring simple song, blown up in the studio to be a lighter swaying, stadium moper. SO proggy eh? And curious, does anyone actually find the lyrics here BLATANTLY insulting? They’re from the first person, a man/woman/child who has no money (WHEN was THE LAST FUCKING TIME Bono was at an ATM machine?) who ultimately ends up on the street. Wow. Seriously. The worlds richest, most popular band, singing about being poor. Seriously. Shut the fuck up, you fucking whores. The whole worlds in a fucking recession, people of my generation are in deep shit in regards to the blatant failings of capitalism. And you’re singing about being HOMELESS? Fuck you, U2, fuck you. Sing about anything else, sing about your damn causes too (Bonos humanitarian policies are questionable though, you CANT just throw money at the thing..USE YOUR HEAD, its BIGGER than that) if you want. But NOT about something you have NO concept about. Seriously."
"It swings, it grooves, it has mystery, it's a great production and works wonders on the dance-floor. HA!"
"Mullen's dull drumming, and way too much yelping and pleading from the vocalist."

It's just silly how high these NLOTH songs are placing. But that's to be expected, I guess, on a U2 fan forum with a new U2 album having recently come out. But Unknown Caller one of the 25 best songs U2 has ever written? No. Just...no.

It's just silly how high these NLOTH songs are placing. But that's to be expected, I guess, on a U2 fan forum with a new U2 album having recently come out. But Unknown Caller one of the 25 best songs U2 has ever written? No. Just...no.

People probably would of said the same thing when Achtung Baby came out :shrug: not all albums have to slowly lose their appeal to the fans, NLOTH might but it also might not we don't know yet

Actually, yes. Just... yes. :wink::wink:

Yes, just yes.

It's a fantastic song.

Although it was #34 on my list at the time. It's grown on me in the last couple of days though.

Actually, yes. Just... yes. :wink::wink:

Edit: You beat me to it!

Unknown caller, I believe, was the only nloth song to even make my top 20, but I expected these results to be skewed anyways. But magnificent is going to rate painfully high

Wow, Interference, have U2 released a new album recently or something?

It'll be interesting to see just how NLOTH does in a couple of years. We all saw how HTDAAB swiftly plummeted in the forum's estimation.

Also, White As Snow in the 70s and Breathe at 20? Epic fail. Swap those results.

Yes, just yes.

It's a fantastic song.

Although it was #34 on my list at the time. It's grown on me in the last couple of days though.

Edit: You beat me to it!

Unknown Caller is a brilliant epic...it's coming from a different place. Love the organ....the way it ends, makes me want to hear it again...and again.

Wow, Interference, have U2 released a new album recently or something?

It'll be interesting to see just how NLOTH does in a couple of years. We all saw how HTDAAB swiftly plummeted in the forum's estimation.

Also, White As Snow in the 70s and Breathe at 20? Epic fail. Swap those results.

Interestingly enough Bomb seems to be going back up in the rankings again, maybe it's a cycle, love an album, hate an album, like an album

By the way Ax I used some quotes by you hope you don't mind

Interestingly enough Bomb seems to be going back up in the rankings again, maybe it's a cycle, love an album, hate an album, like an album

By the way Ax I used some quotes by you hope you don't mind

I'm really surprised by some of what's risen and fallen in the rankings. Love the IALW tumble!

Haha, I've enjoyed spotting my quotes. :laugh:

love to see COBL rising in the rankings and am still laughing over that MoS 1st review. disappointed in the Walk On low ranking. In 5 years I predict Walk On and Kite will rise as the ATYCLB hate cycle ends and people realize the greatness of those songs. Unknown Caller will plummet quickly and Cedars and White as Snow will rise.

I also like the direction Please is headed in.

Back
Top Bottom