Interference's Favorite U2 Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't personally care for Passengers a whole hell of alot, but there are a couple really outstanding U2 songs contained therein.

And Miss Sarajevo is one of them.

It's not a "Passengers song" exclusively, its a U2 song. That's why it's included on the U2 Best of without much of any reference to Passengers really.

Don't believe?

2.jpg

Best of 1990-2000

kthxbye

Real fans refer to Original Soundtracks I as a U2 album and SOI as a piece of shit.

/enddiscussion

Real fans share my exact opinions on U2's music.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

This is revisionist. It started as a project(originally for a real movie that fell through), Eno was at the helm, in fact there were several other songs recorded with Holi that were originally going to be on this project as well, and there was no label forcing anything. Bono made some quip afterwards about maybe wanting to release it as U2, it was Bono being Bono.

Yeah, the project was Passengers all along. The record company didn't really "force" them to do anything. The album was a great pre cursor to Pop.

Someone explain how the following is not true without violating the rules of logic:

1. Miss Sarajevo is on a U2 greatest hits album.
2. Therefore it is a U2 song.
3. Therefore the album it was on, that shared the same credits (minus the guest singer) is a U2 album.

Sent from my XT1034 using U2 Interference mobile app

Someone explain how the following is not true without violating the rules of logic:

3. Therefore the album it was on, that shared the same credits (minus the guest singer) is a U2 album.

Sent from my XT1034 using U2 Interference mobile app

Following the rules of logic it is very simple to explain this to you.

All cows are cattle, but not all cattle are cows.

Besides, Freedom For My People and The Star Spangled Banners are on a U2 album. Last time I checked they are not U2 songs, defying your logic instantly. Plus, the album credits for Passengers make no mention of U2, so they do not share the same credits as U2 albums do.

Logic, what logic? :scratch:

If a thorough explanation of Passengers is what you desire, I suggest you look it up on Wikipedia. :up:

Look, at the end of the day we're simply arguing semantics. Clearly Passengers is U2 related... and more so than, say, The Edge's solo work on Captive.

But Passengers is still not a U2 album. It's a Passengers album. A side project; one but not the same, if you will. If the band intended it to be a U2 album, it would have been a U2 album.

Did a song from the album eventually end up on a Best Of Compilation? Does U2 play the occasional Passengers song live? Yes and yes.

Of course the first compilation the song appeared on was the Princess Diana tribute album, where it was listed as a song by Passengers... but I digress.

Every member of Pearl Jam was in Temple Of The Dog. Pearl Jam has played Hunger Strike live a decent number of times. It wouldn't be a crazy thought for Hunger Strike to end up on a career spanning compilation of Pearl Jam songs at some point.

So is Temple of The Dog really a Pearl Jam album? Of course not. It's a Temple Of The Dog album. It's an album every Pearl Jam fan keeps in their collection, but it's still a side project.

Look, at the end of the day we're simply arguing semantics. Clearly Passengers is U2 related... and more so than, say, The Edge's solo work on Captive.

But Passengers is still not a U2 album. It's a Passengers album. A side project; one but not the same, if you will. If the band intended it to be a U2 album, it would have been a U2 album.

Did a song from the album eventually end up on a Best Of Compilation? Does U2 play the occasional Passengers song live? Yes and yes.

Of course the first compilation the song appeared on was the Princess Diana tribute album, where it was listed as a song by Passengers... but I digress.

Every member of Pearl Jam was in Temple Of The Dog. Pearl Jam has played Hunger Strike live a decent number of times. It wouldn't be a crazy thought for Hunger Strike to end up on a career spanning compilation of Pearl Jam songs at some point.

So is Temple of The Dog really a Pearl Jam album? Of course not. It's a Temple Of The Dog album. It's an album every Pearl Jam fan keeps in their collection, but it's still a side project.

Close thread...

Oh wait, this wasn't even the subject of the thread.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled program.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

so do people keep it separate from their u2 albums on their shelf, under "P" or slot it between Zooropa and Pop?

Last edited:
but it's not a compilation.

*ding ding* ROUND TWO.

Back in the 90's when I bought it the majority of my compilations were U2 related. Plus the original concept of the project was Eno at the helm, U2 his house band and other musicians would stop in contribute then leave, hence the name Passengers. So it made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom