Interference Members - Post Your U2 Covers/Remixes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My/your U2 covers

Hello fellow U2 fans! My name's Chris. I've been a huge U2 fan for about the past 18 years. I decided to buy a guitar about 15 months ago and started to learn how to play U2 songs.... Check out my videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrU2Guitarcovers?feature=mhum
Please feel free to add me as a friend on Youtube & leave me some comments... If any one else has their own covers of U2 songs let us hear them!

Thanks folks

Ahaha. I know. I can't sing most of their songs, mostly just stuff from Boy, but it's still fun to try...

Just finished this up today. I played all the instruments and sang. I came up with that nifty little echoey guitar part, reminiscent of Edge, to go along. I hope I did the song justice. One of U2's best works. Love & peace all. :)

YouTube - U2 The First Time (Cover)

And BlueSilkenSky, I'll try to check out your covers one day. Our connection really suffers when I watch YouTube videos here and so I'll try and spin by my dad's office one day and check them out.

I've checked out your covers MrU2 as well before and I was impressed by them. You have a great sound. Keep it up.:D

You know, I wouldn't think I'd like anyone singing that song more than Bono, but your voice is excellent for it. Also it's interesting to have the guitar in there...it's not in the original version, is it?

(Auggh, I just checked out your version of The Fly and it's amazing too. Resisting the urge to sing to it...)

You know, I wouldn't think I'd like anyone singing that song more than Bono, but your voice is excellent for it. Also it's interesting to have the guitar in there...it's not in the original version, is it?

(Auggh, I just checked out your version of The Fly and it's amazing too. Resisting the urge to sing to it...)

Thanks! I was thinking that this wouldn't be a bad song for my voice. I was actually kind of edge-y (pun not intended btw :lol:) when I recorded it. And the guitar is something I came up with rather quickly to accompany the piano. Although there might be a guitar in the original, but it doesn't go like that.

And thank you! I think The Fly and Beautiful Day are my best efforts. I really am completely satisfied with The Fly. Although I have really messed up some U2 songs. With some of the songs it's just trial and error.

Good lord, there have been a lot of Edge puns coming my way lately :doh: I do like that you added the guitar, though, it sounds cool.

Rrr...you should be in California. I'd steal you from whatever you're doing and make you play stuff from Boy :D

I looked at some of your other stuff...WOWY and ISHFWILF's backing tracks made me cringe a bit...you need to find better ones and re-record; someone did the percussion weirdly on those

Good lord, there have been a lot of Edge puns coming my way lately :doh: I do like that you added the guitar, though, it sounds cool.
:lol: I thought it was pretty funny but I honestly didn't intend for that pun.

Rrr...you should be in California. I'd steal you from whatever you're doing and make you play stuff from Boy :D

Sounds great! I've always wanted to go to Cali. I haven't been since I was 3 (..."when I thought the world revolved around me..." :wink:). I'm all the way on the opposite coast though. List of songs from Boy I can play:

• I Will Follow
  • Twilight
  • The Electric Co.
  • And bits and pieces of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart and Out Of Control

I plan to re-record I Will Follow and The Electric Co. one day now that I have a lot nicer gear and plan to get a good backing track for Twilight. I figured all of Twilight out in around 15 minutes. It's a really fun song to play.

I looked at some of your other stuff...WOWY and ISHFWILF's backing tracks made me cringe a bit...you need to find better ones and re-record; someone did the percussion weirdly on those

Ummm... about the percussion...:reject: that was me... yeah. I guess you can see why I play guitar. I also used Garageband and let me say that drums are not exactly a piece of cake when it comes to recording them on a keyboard. But I thought ISHFWILF sounded alright aside from the drums.

Well, you obviously haven't been around my art teacher...she knows my U2 obsession and yet has been saying "hold onto the edge of _____(watercolor paper, etc____ while..." :crack:

I Will Follow definitely, and really, whatever you can do. They're all awesome. IMO, you should figure out An Cat Dubh :D it's, well, my favorite.

Someone needs to learn how to play drums :lol: Yeah, it was fine, just remove all that backing XD

Well, you obviously haven't been around my art teacher...she knows my U2 obsession and yet has been saying "hold onto the edge of _____(watercolor paper, etc____ while..." :crack:
Argggh! I hate when teachers do that. I want to stand up and say "can't you say the end? I'm picturing holding onto the Edge here!". :lol:

I Will Follow definitely, and really, whatever you can do. They're all awesome. IMO, you should figure out An Cat Dubh :D it's, well, my favorite.
I've tried An Cat Dubh before a long time ago before I really got the bug to really just straight up learn guitar and I got real good at it. I dropped learning it and haven't tried it since. Should give me something to do over break.:hmm:

Someone needs to learn how to play drums :lol: Yeah, it was fine, just remove all that backing XD

:lol: I'm actually contemplating taking drum lessons this summer.

On a side note: my sister won't go to bed and I want to watch It Might Get Loud.:angry:

ESPECIALLY since my awkward face is very very obvious D:

Yes, please do—to that and the drums. Good lord.

On a side note: my sister won't go to bed and I want to watch It Might Get Loud.:angry:

That. Story of my life. Except more like, my whole family really reeeeally does not want to watch it...

YouTube - ‪U2 Until the End of the World (Studio w/ Vox AC30 C2)‬‏

My fourth and final attempt at UTEOTW!

From the YouTube description:

I've made several attempts to re-create this incredible rocker from 'Achtung Baby' and have been dissatisfied... until now. I got a Vox AC30 in April and have finally found a chance to use it here. Great amp for "Edge tones". This is the most accurate representation of UTEOTW I have done so far. My LP went straight into my Digitech WH4 Whammy (which was not used at all) and that ran into my L6 M13 with all my effects coming from there and that ran directly into my AC30. Effects used on the M13 will be decscribed below.

A short bit about the AC30. It's the C2 model, the most recent AC30 from Vox, and is made in China. I have to admit this is the best amp I've played through. Great overall tone and response. It loves effects, which is obviously why Edge loves his, and it puts out GREAT volume. Too much for the house. It sounds 10x's better than my AC4, which I still have btw and still love. Just a great amp and you can expect my summer to be spent doing videos with it.

As for the effects, I used a Reverb coming first in chain on my M13. Just used a slight bit and added a hint more reverb in Garageband later. After Reverb I used a Digital Delay w/ Mod from the M13. Just a slight bit in the mix, not too much, not too little. Delay was set to 418 ms. I then used two different TS9 Screamers on the M13 for the main riff & solo sound and then a different one for the verse sound. For the whole song except on the solo, I used a Boost Comp to beef up the sound and on the solo I used a Blue Comp w/ Treble (basically a Boss Compressor) on the M13 to give the solo that "ripping" sound.

All in all, this is one of my favorite covers and one I'm most proud of. I shot the video on my Android cell phone so it's not exactly quality when compared to my other videos. Wanted to try something different ya know? More videos coming up this summer! :D

God, that's exciting. Really, I think just about anything from Achtung Baby makes for great guitar covers. Maybe just because the guitar syncs up really well with the percussion...either way, it's fantastic.

You should come over to Maryland next year and help me irritate all the art school hipsters by blasting awesome guitar at them XD

God, that's exciting. Really, I think just about anything from Achtung Baby makes for great guitar covers. Maybe just because the guitar syncs up really well with the percussion...either way, it's fantastic.

You should come over to Maryland next year and help me irritate all the art school hipsters by blasting awesome guitar at them XD

I love Edge's guitar parts on Achtung Baby. It's like he became this mastermind on awesome guitar riffs (not that he wasn't before :p). And I also manage to play the AB era stuff a lot better than most era's. I can't really play EBTTRT or Mysterious Ways because I don't have a 12 string guitar, and for Mysterious Ways it's really difficult to re-create that guitar sound without the actual effects unit Edge has. It's truly a one of a kind sound.

And I'd be glad to blast awesome guitar riffs at those hipster kids!:lol: Like I said before, I'm only a couple hours drive away.

It's great to listen to some of the Lovetown stuff from '89 when he was just transitioning into AB guitar :drool: I didn't know 12-string guitars were necessary for those...huh. That's sad :(

Oh good XD you're definitely coming and doing that then. The minute you get to complex guitar speak, though, I'll be very much out of it *does not understand guitar at all*

*sigh* Maybe I'll learn to play at some point...when I have a lot of time on my hands...

YouTube - ‪Dirty Day (Full Band Cover) [ZooTV Live from Sydney]‬‏

Going to post this here, though whoever makes it through the whole thing with my falsetto singing and bad drumming toward the end must be rewarded greatly.:lol: There are bits that need work I will admit but this is one of my better full band covers and I don't attempt a full band cover often. I apologize for the badly played bits, especially the singing though. Also the video taken from the vocals is from a different take so there's parts where I'm singing are off from the audio.

I feel like I'm hogging up the thread.:reject::lol: I just want to post my (better) cover of The Fly.

YouTube - U2 The Fly (With Vox AC4)
Hey... just listened to this! It's good! I really liked the solo- that seems like it would be hard to pull off.

You wouldn't mind if I recorded vocals over this? I was looking for a Fly cover to use for record my voice with, and... well, yours seems good enough...

Hey... just listened to this! It's good! I really liked the solo- that seems like it would be hard to pull off.

You wouldn't mind if I recorded vocals over this? I was looking for a Fly cover to use for record my voice with, and... well, yours seems good enough...

Thanks you a lot!:D I was actually pretty nervous about playing the last part of the solo as you can maybe tell I messed up just a tiny bit. And I wouldn't mind if you recorded vocals over it at all. Do you need me to send you the audio of it? I have the recording stored in my iTunes in pretty great quality.

Back
Top Bottom