Interference getting quieter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asunder

The Fly
I haven't logged in for quite a while until today. Am I right in thinking this forum is slowing down? People losing interest? Not so many people obsessing anymore?

Or am I wrong?

A little bit of both. U2 haven't really put out anything new for 2 years so there isn't much interesting to talk about. All the hype will build once the next album is due.

You should perhaps see different parts of the forum. EYKIW always goes a bit wonky when there's no new album to talk about. :wink: In about half a year we're going to get the countless threads about Bush adlibbing SBS and OMG ISNT THIS FUNNy stuff again.

I think most of the U2-related chatter is related to the tour forum right now, talking about the shows.

Glastonbury finished what little active interest I had left for this year's U2. No new material, no new surprises, not even any interesting screw-ups or slips of the tongue.

Call me when there's a single out.

The setlist party last night was pretty slow. It was my first one in a long time, but as was mentioned in the thread last night, it didn't hold a candle to the crazy ones back in 2005. Glory days! :lol:

I looked up an old "Pop" thread I was a part of a long time ago, and boy was that a classic. Also looked up some old Axver/Pero confrontations. I was rolling on the floor.

Well they banned a bunch of fun people...

I only piped up because my concert came and now went. I'll be leaving soon, like a beautiful butterfly!

I think the attitude some members haver here are a bit rude, U2starts forum has a much more nicer atomosphere. Havent seen any rude and cocky post there ever.

I prefer posting there :)

I think the attitude some members haver here are a bit rude, U2starts forum has a much more nicer atomosphere. Havent seen any rude and cocky post there ever.

Yep, this place is getting more hostile than it used to be and I wonder sometimes if new members and new U2 fans are getting too scared to say anything or ask questions. I've seen several instances where a new member starts a thread about something and certain people immediately say things like, "Not another one of these threads!" or "This has been discussed a million times already." How are they supposed to know that it's been talked about before, and how are new fans ever going to learn new things if they get chastised for being curious? I don't see why it's so hard to politely answer their questions instead of acting like an elitist know-it-all.

I don't understand why some people could just NOT respond at all, rather than taking the time to post something complaining about the thread.

If you're going to take the time to post, at least be helpful - answer the question or direct them to one of the existing threads. Or just leave it be.

This site can definitely be 'ruder' or more obnoxious than others, but for a variety of reasons, I do prefer it to the other forums out there.

Yep, this place is getting more hostile than it used to be and I wonder sometimes if new members and new U2 fans are getting too scared to say anything or ask questions. I've seen several instances where a new member starts a thread about something and certain people immediately say things like, "Not another one of these threads!" or "This has been discussed a million times already." How are they supposed to know that it's been talked about before, and how are new fans ever going to learn new things if they get chastised for being curious? I don't see why it's so hard to politely answer their questions instead of acting like an elitist know-it-all.

And here it's the answer :)

Yeah, well FUCK YOU! AND FUCK YOUTWOSTART TOO! WE'RE PERFECTLY FRIENDLY HERE!

:wink:

This is true, that forum is infinitely more pleasant to browse than here and it's getting nearly as active too.

Back
Top Bottom