If you know U2 and The Edge Haters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2935

Babyface
Pease share storys of your encounters with U2 and the Edge haters

Most of the kids who i know hate the Edge because he uses delay and doesnt shredd
Personly i think he has more talent than they do
They hate him because he "Is part of the band not THE band"
People are really ignorant these days.

Well, I'm sure he had his "haters" that didn't think he was good because he didn't shred wicked guitar solos in the 80s, too.

so "these days" probably isn't accurate. ;)

I'm sure he has a handful of people in Malibu who do not care for him these days.

In the movie "it might GEt loud" Edge said
" I didnt laugh when i watched Spinal Tap i wept"
Because of the ego that metal has and has always had "its al the guitarist"

In 9th grade i suggested in my guitar ensemble that we play "One"
You know what 95% of the club said??

" U2 sucks and theres no solo in that song the edge is gay!"

I later left the club because i didnt want to play ANY metal and because every one would tell me to shut of my delays

Most young people are not U2 fans. In the same way today's kids will not enjoy today's music when they are in their 20s.
I knew of no one in high school (oh so many years ago :sad:) who liked U2... except for my Algebra teacher. :nerd:

Im 16 and i love them
I also like REM, pearl Jam, Coldplay, Kaiser Chiefs, franz ferdinand, etc.

You could say im a post-punk kid

In 9th grade i suggested in my guitar ensemble that we play "One"
You know what 95% of the club said??

" U2 sucks and theres no solo in that song the edge is gay!"

I later left the club because i didnt want to play ANY metal and because every one would tell me to shut of my delays

Your fellow guitarists must have been noobies.

First, Edge is hardly the first one to use that effect. Listen closely to a lot of music and you'll hear a delay - new bands and old.

Second, I abhor when someone says "x is gay" when they do not like it. I even hear adults do this. I correct them and usually distance myself, as much as is realistic.

Third, some of the best songs out there have no raging solo.

Ah well - at least you were smart. Yay! :applaud:

People dislike Edge because he doesn't do 10 min solo's. Not because he uses delay, i have heard people mention the delay, but it doesn't make sense whasoever. Because look at David Gilmour he uses delay as much as Edge. No one slags him off for using delay.
Maybe it's the jealousy of Edge being in a band that are so big, and people don't actually want to admit that.

Hey....i wouldnt mind being "hated" as much as the edge, and be as sucsessfull as he has been. most of these u2 haters will one day PROBABLY grow up, mature, and may even begin to appreciate u2 for what they hve done. Stranger things have happened!

i think it just boils down to the old thing jealousy of success, u2 has been and continues to be successful for a long time. Bono is a bit of a lightning rod for some people, some of that might spill over onto The Edge. People love to hate, for instance, i saw a story recently on yahoo where the guy who played JR on the tv show Dallas (Larry Hagman) announced he had some type of cancer. You should have seen the comments.....awful stuff. People love to hate other people, or hate on them, whatever.

I bet if the OP's friends were practicing "metal" in their music class and suddenly one day The Edge showed up in the class, the haters would be the first people lining up to get his autograph and tell everyone they had "met The Edge OMG!" :sexywink:

Life is good :up:

All in all
I love my delays and will never try and shredd! EVER! unless its the blues lol
I dont like metal and screamo and i have valid reasons for why that genre sucks and makes my ears bleed.

U2 is great and so are many other bands.

Btw the edge can shredd
Listen to bullet the blu sky live and desire live on one of the lovetown shows.

If you don't like shredding, you're a communist America-hating surrender-monkey.

I meant shredding as in metal music
It just doesnt appeal to me

Good shredding is jimmy page, B.B King,
David Gilmour, john mayer, jack white, eric clapton, keith Richards, and the guy from
Rush i forgot his name.
Etc. theres alot more

It wasn't okay for your classmates to call Edge gay, and it's also not okay to call people retards.

Back
Top Bottom