If you could have your way with U22 how would it look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
01. Even Better Than The Real Thing (East Rutherford '11)
02. The Fly (Glastonbury '11)
03. Mysterious Ways (São Paulo '11)
04. Until The End Of The World (Montreal '11)
05. No Line On The Horizon (Sheffield '09)
06. Get On Your Boots (São Paulo '11)
07. Unknown Caller (Los Angeles '09)
08. Beautiful Day (East Rutherford '11)
09. Magnificent (Mexico City '11)
10. The Unforgettable Fire (Paris '09)
11. Zooropa (East Rutherford '11)
12. Your Blue Room (Chicago '09)
13. Vertigo (Glastonbury '11)
14. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Sheffield '09)
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday (São Paulo '11)
16. Scarlet (Miami '11)
17. Walk On (Miami '11)
----- DESMOND TUTU SPEECH -----
18. One (Miami '11)
19. Where The Streets Have No Name (Glastonbury '11)
20. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (Sheffield '09)
21. With Or Without You (Moncton '11)
22. Moment Of Surrender (Moncton '11)

3 East Rutherford '11
3 Glastonburry '11
3 Sheffield '09
3 São Paulo '11
3 Miami '11
2 Moncton '11
1 Montreal ’11
1 Los Angeles '11
1 Mexico City '11
1 Paris '09
1 Chicago '09

Overall the 22 songs come from 11 different concerts. There's N. America, S. America and Europe there. Only one song from the Rose Bowl show, I thought it was pointless to put more since we can easily find and download the mp3s from the dvd.

It pains me not to have Still Haven't Found there because the chanting during the intro and the crowd singing the beginning revived the song but I'd rather make room for Unknown Caller which was dropped fairly early and might never be played again. We don't need Miss Sarajevo either, they gave us the same version on the Vertigo Tour, we have it from Milan. The same goes for Blinding Lights, we have it from Milan too, so I put Your Blue Room there, it's a rarity and a beautiful version with astronaut Frank closing it. Those are the kind of decisions that would make this special. If they hadn't abbreviated the songs on Glastonbury so much I'd put more in, but I don't think that show reflects the 360 tour that well. Zooropa and Unforgettable Fire were 2 of the many songs they brought back and played so well, I couldn't leave them out. I think we can all agree nobody needs Pride. I wanted to have Breathe there instead of SBS but they did a good job with it this tour and it feels very 360 to have it after Crazy Tonight. I think it's fair to say Scarlet is more rare than MLK. There was no way I would leave No Line On The Horizon behind, it was great live and the Sheffield version is perfect. I put a version of Until The End of The World from later on the tour with the Anthem snippet and the love and peace speech. I put the Magnificent remix version from Mexico City there simply because it's unusual and only played a few times, the standard version is too similar to the studio anyway. And ultimately I had Ultra Violet there because it feels more of a rarity than HMTMKMKM and I think it was a great highlight from this tour.

If I could have it my way (or if it's even possible due to timing) I would add some of the stuff Bono would say in between songs to the crowd, I think a live record needs that, and Bono was really fun during this tour. I would have one of his many funny intros to the band there too, as well as some of the exchanges he and Edge would have. I don't like when it's just one song after the other with nothing in between every now and then, it's not how they do it live anyway.

Overall I really like this. I would love to have it. If there was a God we would have a second cd with more rarities like Electrical Storm, North Star, Stingray Guitar, In A Little While, Stay (from Miami), Mercy (?), Breathe, Bad (Glastonbury), Love Rescue Me maybe even the rehearsal version of Drowning Man. But I happen to be an atheist.

Cheers!

I'd take out Mysterious Ways (where is the solo?) and Scarlet (love it but need its slot and it's short) and put in Breathe (Barcelona) to start it and 40 (Moncton) at end. First song was the first of the tour and 40 was the last. But you picked a great setlist.

01. Even Better Than The Real Thing (East Rutherford '11)
02. The Fly (Glastonbury '11)
03. Mysterious Ways (São Paulo '11)
04. Until The End Of The World (Montreal '11)
05. No Line On The Horizon (Sheffield '09)
06. Get On Your Boots (São Paulo '11)
07. Unknown Caller (Los Angeles '09)
08. Beautiful Day (East Rutherford '11)
09. Magnificent (Mexico City '11)
10. The Unforgettable Fire (Paris '09)
11. Zooropa (East Rutherford '11)
12. Your Blue Room (Chicago '09)
13. Vertigo (Glastonbury '11)
14. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Sheffield '09)
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday (São Paulo '11)
16. Scarlet (Miami '11)
17. Walk On (Miami '11)
----- DESMOND TUTU SPEECH -----
18. One (Miami '11)
19. Where The Streets Have No Name (Glastonbury '11)
20. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (Sheffield '09)
21. With Or Without You (Moncton '11)
22. Moment Of Surrender (Moncton '11)

3 East Rutherford '11
3 Glastonburry '11
3 Sheffield '09
3 São Paulo '11
3 Miami '11
2 Moncton '11
1 Montreal ’11
1 Los Angeles '11
1 Mexico City '11
1 Paris '09
1 Chicago '09

Overall the 22 songs come from 11 different concerts. There's N. America, S. America and Europe there. Only one song from the Rose Bowl show, I thought it was pointless to put more since we can easily find and download the mp3s from the dvd.

It pains me not to have Still Haven't Found there because the chanting during the intro and the crowd singing the beginning revived the song but I'd rather make room for Unknown Caller which was dropped fairly early and might never be played again. We don't need Miss Sarajevo either, they gave us the same version on the Vertigo Tour, we have it from Milan. The same goes for Blinding Lights, we have it from Milan too, so I put Your Blue Room there, it's a rarity and a beautiful version with astronaut Frank closing it. Those are the kind of decisions that would make this special. If they hadn't abbreviated the songs on Glastonbury so much I'd put more in, but I don't think that show reflects the 360 tour that well. Zooropa and Unforgettable Fire were 2 of the many songs they brought back and played so well, I couldn't leave them out. I think we can all agree nobody needs Pride. I wanted to have Breathe there instead of SBS but they did a good job with it this tour and it feels very 360 to have it after Crazy Tonight. I think it's fair to say Scarlet is more rare than MLK. There was no way I would leave No Line On The Horizon behind, it was great live and the Sheffield version is perfect. I put a version of Until The End of The World from later on the tour with the Anthem snippet and the love and peace speech. I put the Magnificent remix version from Mexico City there simply because it's unusual and only played a few times, the standard version is too similar to the studio anyway. And ultimately I had Ultra Violet there because it feels more of a rarity than HMTMKMKM and I think it was a great highlight from this tour.

If I could have it my way (or if it's even possible due to timing) I would add some of the stuff Bono would say in between songs to the crowd, I think a live record needs that, and Bono was really fun during this tour. I would have one of his many funny intros to the band there too, as well as some of the exchanges he and Edge would have. I don't like when it's just one song after the other with nothing in between every now and then, it's not how they do it live anyway.

Overall I really like this. I would love to have it. If there was a God we would have a second cd with more rarities like Electrical Storm, North Star, Stingray Guitar, In A Little While, Stay (from Miami), Mercy (?), Breathe, Bad (Glastonbury), Love Rescue Me maybe even the rehearsal version of Drowning Man. But I happen to be an atheist.

Cheers!

Stay wasn't played in Miami, but North Star was(the only time in the U.S....it could be used)

Personally I'd target 1) The unreleased stuff and 2) the common stuff.

Meaning... no One Tree Hill, no Bad, no A Sort of Homecoming, etc. it should reflect this tour.

i dont have dates but i would like it to look something like this

1. Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. The Fly
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Beautiful Day
8. I Still Haven't Found
9. Boy Falls From The Sky
10. Electrical Storm
11. Your Blue Room
12. Zooropa
13. City Of Blinding Lights
14. Vertigo
15. Crazy Tonight
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday
17. One Tree Hill
18. One
19. Where The Streets Have No Name
20. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
21. With Or Without You
22. Moment Of Surrender

July 2, 2011 - Vanderbilt Stadium - Nashville TN

Setlist:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until The End Of The World
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / The Wanderer (snippet)
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Beautiful Day / Space Oddity (snippet)
Elevation
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Miss Sarajevo
Zooropa
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Miss You (snippet) / I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet) / Psycho Killer (snippet) / Life During Wartime (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet
Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

encore(s):
One
Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender
All I Want Is You

Best show ever 360 style....and if you gotta omit something, then Walk On and Crazy Tonight are your huckleberries.

Return of the Stingray Guitar
Stuck in a Moment (2009)
In A Little While (2009)
Happy Birthday
Sólo Le Pido A Dios
Space Chat
Scarlet
Walk On
The Model
One Tree Hill Duet
Rockin' In The Free World Snippet
Pride (2011)
In A Little While (2011)
Stuck in A Moment (2010)
Rock Me Amadeus Snippet
Pride (2009)
Desmond Tutu
Walk On (2011)
Stuck in a Moment (2011)
Crazy Tonight (non remixed)
With Or Without You

Return of the Stingray Guitar
Stuck in a Moment (2009)
In A Little While (2009)
Happy Birthday
Sólo Le Pido A Dios
Space Chat
Scarlet
Walk On
The Model
One Tree Hill Duet
Rockin' In The Free World Snippet
Pride (2011)
In A Little While (2011)
Stuck in A Moment (2010)
Rock Me Amadeus Snippet
Pride (2009)
Desmond Tutu
Walk On (2011)
Stuck in a Moment (2011)
Crazy Tonight (non remixed)
With Or Without You

Space Chat FTW

In response to the thread question.

It would look like a list of 100 songs.

Some individual songs would be represented by multiple tour dates.

Each would have a preview button that gives me 40 seconds to evaluate the song, sound, crowd noise blah blah blah.

I could then pick my favorite 22 and burn it to my own disc using iTunes or some other technology so I don't rip off the band by re-distributing my selections.

It would end up just like my favorite bootlegs, only way better.

i'll only pick songs that are able to be voted on to be fair.

1 Bad
2 Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
3 Magnificent
4 Even Better Than The Real Thing
5 The Unforgettable Fire
6 All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
7 Zooropa
8 Scarlet
9 One Tree Hill
10 Out Of Control
11 No Line On the Horizon
12 Electrical Storm