If You Could Ask U2 One Question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of those just wouldn't work live. It's not rocket science. Cedars of Lebanon in a stadium? Massive bathroom break.

That and the fact that I'm not sure how they'd come up with a live arrangement for the song in any setting. It would basically have to be Bono, Larry, and a backing track.

I would ask them why they never do low-scale performences anymore? They could add a club-performance on every tour-stop, exclusively for fanclub members.

"Why did you let people convince you that Pop was any sort of failure musically?"

Pop was probably in the top 3 or 5 albums of the 90s. A masterpiece as far as I'm concerned, and it felt like they really liked it at first (I mean after it got rushed out and they had a chance to fine tune it), but then it felt like they let people brow beat them into admitting it was some sort of failure musically.

Pop was probably in the top 3 or 5 albums of the 90s. A masterpiece as far as I'm concerned, and it felt like they really liked it at first (I mean after it got rushed out and they had a chance to fine tune it), but then it felt like they let people brow beat them into admitting it was some sort of failure musically.

Maybe it was the top 3 or 5 for you...

U2 come out of the gate praising every album they release, who wouldn't? I don't think they were brow beaten to admitting anything. They started reworking singles and admitting it was rushed fairly soon. You could tell they weren't happy with it if you really paid close attention. I think U2 will always be proud that they were in a very experimental phase, I just don't think they were paticularly happy with the end result. Same as Bomb, Bono was admitting fairly soon after the original promo praise that it felt more like a collection of songs rather than an album.

A lot of these questions HAVE been asked and answered by the band...RHMT as a Single? Bono couldn't sing it = Not a really good choice as a single.

I would ask, "With all your industry power, and the fact that it seems (through all your quotes) that you are OK with tapers, why not officially allow it?"

Back
Top Bottom