If You Could Ask U2 One Question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What really went on backstage during those October days? I'm quite sure Courtney Love's anecdotes portray them in a certain light and I'm willing to bet there was a fair amount of decadence in that 1981-1982 period that they did well to keep underwraps.

I'd ask Adam if Naomi is a top root.

no wonder we dominate interference.

If it'll be a question they will HAVE to answer seriously it's an easy one.

Why hasn't Acrobat ever been tried live?

I don't want any bullshit about Edge meditating in a tree, I want the real answer.

haha, 1st response and the question I would ask was already said.
This song is freakin' fantastic.

Why you believe that Acrobat would not work live?

i was wondering the same thing. underneath Edge's guitar, the drums and bass are pretty simple. Edge's guitar part isn't that hard to play, and the vocals aren't out of Bono's range.

I don't know. I think I'm just starting to hate Acrobat because people are obsessing over it so much. I like it, but it's not the numer one song I want to hear played live. I could think of hundred other songs I want to hear them play.

I think Bono would mess up the lyrics and the singing royally. I don't want to hear him mumbling his way through a song, I want to hear him sing a song. But who knows, maybe they come up with a way to play it someday.

understandable. hype ruins a lot of things for me too. i'd mention a certain band that starts with a "G", but there are certain music forum posters that would want to kill me if i mentioned it again. :wink:

This will never happen...but I would love to sit down with Bono and have a deep conversation about the universe and his thoughts on God ect. I would also love to know ( and again this is way too personal to ask somebody flat out) but I would love to hear his stories about his encounters ( SOBER):lol: with the supernatural. If any. You know... real experiences with the Holy Spirit not ghost stories, although I bet he has some ghost stories too! Wouldn't that be great to sit around a fire with him and Edge on a beach somewhere at night...talking about the mysteries of life.
One of my favorite things to do in the world by the way......
I bet he has some great stories to tell.
No smart ass answers allowed Bono. :sexywink:

This occurred to me last night, when I was watching a show from '81. They were like diamonds in the rough, but SO full of charisma and energy. I'd love with sit down with them and watch it, and have them take me through the show, tell me their memories (if they can even remember it, that is), and hear what they think of those young boys and their music and performance skills now. :)

i was wondering the same thing. underneath Edge's guitar, the drums and bass are pretty simple. Edge's guitar part isn't that hard to play, and the vocals aren't out of Bono's range.

If a tribute band can do it, they should be able to as well.

But I don't want them to do it, because I've no confidence that they'd actually pull it off well. Sorry, but I'm afraid Bono would ruin it for me. He sucks at lyrics and how he's been singing WOWY the last few tours is a disaster so no thanks.

I just want to know WHY they never tried it after the Hershey rehearsals.

This will never happen...but I would love to sit down with Bono and have a deep conversation about the universe and his thoughts on God ect. I would also love to know ( and again this is way too personal to ask somebody flat out) but I would love to hear his stories about his encounters ( SOBER):lol: with the supernatural. If any. You know... real experiences with the Holy Spirit not ghost stories, although I bet he has some ghost stories too! Wouldn't that be great to sit around a fire with him and Edge on a beach somewhere at night...talking about the mysteries of life.
One of my favorite things to do in the world by the way......
I bet he has some great stories to tell.
No smart ass answers allowed Bono. :sexywink:

very cool....i think you might be on to something here. :up:

very cool....i think you might be on to something here. :up:

Thanks! Ya, and I would also love to ask Bono what books he has read...and if a couple of my favorites are on his list.
I think Edge's answer would be the Popular Mechanics handbook or something!! hahaha! :)
Adam.. hmmm. His would be something to do with fine art or gourmet food or something like that
and Larry... well... a book on all things Harley Davidson. ?? whatcha think?

Why hasn't Red Hill Mining Town been played live before?

Seriously, it'd be perfectly fine for me that they drop it 1/2 or 1 step down to make it work. I want to hear that song live, it would be wonderful. :drool:

I read in a book about the band that Bono by Neil McCormick admited that the tone of the song was very high and he tore his throat, but in my opinion a group of this categorie should play live all the songs from their albums one at least once

my question:

-Are you able to play these songs a fucking time?

Stranger in a strange land
Is that all?
Drowning man
The refugee
Red light
Promenade
4th of july
Elvis Presley and America
Red hill mining town
Heartland
Acrobat
Somedays are better than others
The playboy mansion
Wake up dead man (full band)
Peace on earth
When I look at the world
Grace
A man and a woman
One step closer
Stand up comedy
Fez being born
White as snow
Cedars of Lebanon

U2´s response: !OOOPS! It's that the songs don't work live....
icon23.gif

I read in a book about the band that Bono by Neil McCormick admited that the tone of the song was very high and he tore his throat, but in my opinion a group of this categorie should play live all the songs from their albums one at least once

If you can't sing that key night after night, then you can't sing that key, why the hell would you want to sit through a struggle?

my question:

-Are you able to play these songs a fucking time?

Stranger in a strange land
Is that all?
Drowning man
The refugee
Red light
Promenade
4th of july
Elvis Presley and America
Red hill mining town
Heartland
Acrobat
Somedays are better than others
The playboy mansion
Wake up dead man (full band)
Peace on earth
When I look at the world
Grace
A man and a woman
One step closer
Stand up comedy
Fez being born
White as snow
Cedars of Lebanon

U2´s response: !OOOPS! It's that the songs don't work live....
icon23.gif

You're slightly obsessed...

A lot of those just wouldn't work live. It's not rocket science. Cedars of Lebanon in a stadium? Massive bathroom break.

4th of July? :huh:

I get the feeling you really don't care about quality, what the band wants, or what the fans want, you just want a complete library of live songs.

two things.

1) why did you never release RHMT as a single, especially when it had such a powerful video, and, much more importantly,

2) WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO AUSTRALIA

If you can't sing that key night after night, then you can't sing that key, why the hell would you want to sit through a struggle?

You're slightly obsessed...

A lot of those just wouldn't work live. It's not rocket science. Cedars of Lebanon in a stadium? Massive bathroom break.

4th of July? :huh:

I get the feeling you really don't care about quality, what the band wants, or what the fans want, you just want a complete library of live songs.

We all know that 70% of the audience of U2360 don´t know over 10 songs on the setlist, how many people know YBR?

Also I have not made referenced to play them on the U2360, is that U2 are just playing on the tours?
U2 played on tours, benefit concerts, TV and radio, promos with small audience ( Manray, Astoria, Irving P., Sommerville....).

Wanting to play only once these songs doesn´t seem a great effort for a great band, U2 play what he wants of course and fans can agree or not

:huh: Of course I want a complete library of his discography live, you will not be cinical

My question to each of them would be something along the lines of:

What major tenets about music, your writing of and creating of U2's music, have changed throughout your career, and more specifically, how have they changed at different stages of your life, say at 20 as compared to at 30 years old, at 40 as compared to 30 years old, and at almost 50 as compared to at 40 years old?

I'd probably need to work on phrasing it better, but that would be the gist of it.

If it'll be a question they will HAVE to answer seriously it's an easy one.

Why hasn't Acrobat ever been tried live?

I don't want any bullshit about Edge meditating in a tree, I want the real answer.

That is exactly what I would want to know. I :heart: that song, my favourite song by the band and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear it live.

...one can keep on dreaming I guess

Back
Top Bottom