I need everybodys help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Bono voice highlights campaign!

I need everybodys help to find all the voice highlights by Bono, I have a list with about 50 highlights , but I need more please tips about other ones on this thread or just visit
w w w.bonosvoice.st
On the site you also find a 35 min long mix with the highlights from the list(only 32,8 mb in size)

One of my favorite bits is in the 8/28/93 Dublin show during "Bad." When he goes up for the first "I'm wide awake," he does the most lovely shift into his falsetto. It's just perfect, and it gives me goosebumps.

That's all I've got. I have only a fraction of your fascination with Bono's voice. :wink:

:hmm: What tours/shows did you use so far ?

26 December 1989. I have not heard a better live Bono vocal in a single show.

Studio, my favourite bits are his line in Let them know it's Christmas time (the 1984 version) and Native Son's "Freeeeee" - it's the same note he does in Pride except it's 8 seconds long.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
:hmm: What tours/shows did you use so far ?

26 December 1989. I have not heard a better live Bono vocal.

Live performences from 83-2006 is on the list, just check in on the site. w w w.bonosvoice.st

There's a backstage videoclip from Bono's performance with Kylie where he is rehearsing the "Singer in a band" line, and he really scared me with the rawness of it, I don't know if that is in the "Kids" video on the site. You should check it out!

The_Edge89 said:
There's a backstage videoclip from Bono's performance with Kylie where he is rehearsing the "Singer in a band" line, and he really scared me with the rawness of it, I don't know if that is in the "Kids" video on the site. You should check it out!

It inst on the video on my site :( Could you do more research of it? :)

Last edited:
peterrr this is an overwhelming task...

ok well I'll just list a few that are absolutely ridiculous- "Love Rescue Me" from Point Depot 12/26 1989- particularly the end part- this is one of U2's greatest performances in my mind...listen even to the way Bono thanks the crowd for coming while either BB King or maybe Edge is playing this incredible, soulful guitar part in the background, and then from that point on it's just incredible, I get goosebumps everytime- listen to Larry's drumming, IT IS ABSOLUTE PERFECTION- just listen to the whole thing it's truly spectacular...

(and of course that OTH performance could possibly be the ultimate OTH performance)

ok sorry for that run on, but I'm listening to it now and I had to get that out :)

back to Bono's voice, another incredible performance in my mind is "Ultraviolet" from 1992 ZooTV Washington D.C.- again the entire performance is chilling and inspiring, particularly starting at that little interlude in the middle when Bono begins "I remember when we could sleep on stones..." - that part is fucking amazing, and then the very end of the song when he is singing "Liiiiighht myyyyyyyyy waaaaaaay" with that sort of Elvis-like vibe to it, simply brilliant

Then "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" from the ZooTV sydney- Bono's voice is so beautiful there, I can't get enough of that performance

another Bono voice moment would have to be SYCMIOYO 12-4-2006 in Japan...FUCKING INSANE...then you have that opera moment at the very very end which comes out of nowhere and is nothing short of mind-boggling...

from the same show, I find "Beautiful Day" a great Bono moment, especially when he goes "See the world in red and white, see Saitama..." and then the "Tooooouuuch me, take me to that other place, teach me" and the "Hallelujah's" are all just mind blowingly powerful- listen to that whole performance to pick what parts you want out (the snippet of presence of the lord is great too :wink: )

also from that show, the performance of ISHFWILF is absolutely one of my favorites, again listen to the whole thing to choose which parts you want exactly (listen to that incredibly soulful singing that only Bono could pull off during the snippet of "In a Little While" :wink: )

again from that show, "Bad" is awesome, it's up there with the great "Bad" performances IMO and Bono really shines on this one

of course don't forget the Miss Sarejevo's of the vertigo tour, not sure which one is the best, they all rock...

last but definitely not least, we have the Union Chapel performances, in particular "Stay" and WOS I thought were stunning, and the acoustic aspect of these performances illuminates Bono's voice wonderfully

alright, that's all for now :tired:
those are simply the performances that have stood out the most to me and continue to amaze me

honestly, I don't understand this Peterrr haha- there are so many bono voice moments from 83-2006 that it's just impossible to do...SO MANY it isn't even a realistic task...

oh well, best of luck :)

this is really impressive. wow. i commend your efforts.
i am immensely enjoying listening to the track you have so far compiled, and will definitely be on the lookout for more for you =)

coolian2 said:

Auckland. I couldn't keep up with the l'amore part and i was yelling with reckless abandon

It's not exactly scientific....

haha, nice, I'll be sure to listen now to refresh my memory! :)

There's also a moment in God part II in Amsterdam in 1989, the show where he had voice problems.
At the end, they (Bono) do the ending again, since he was frustrated it didn't work the first time around and he screams it full on.

Rob33 said:
peterrr this is an overwhelming task...

back to Bono's voice, another incredible performance in my mind is "Ultraviolet" from 1992 ZooTV Washington D.C.- again the entire performance is chilling and inspiring, particularly starting at that little interlude in the middle when Bono begins "I remember when we could sleep on stones..." - that part is fucking amazing, and then the very end of the song when he is singing "Liiiiighht myyyyyyyyy waaaaaaay" with that sort of Elvis-like vibe to it, simply brilliant

of course don't forget the Miss Sarejevo's of the vertigo tour, not sure which one is the best, they all rock...

Im going to add ultraviolet soon :)

The strongest Miss Sarajevo must be the two from Milan.

tuwie said:
this is really impressive. wow. i commend your efforts.
i am immensely enjoying listening to the track you have so far compiled, and will definitely be on the lookout for more for you =)

Thanks! :)

U2girl said:
There's also a moment in God part II in Amsterdam in 1989, the show where he had voice problems.
At the end, they (Bono) do the ending again, since he was frustrated it didn't work the first time around and he screams it full on.

That one is impressive, soon on the list.

The_Edge89 said:

Im realy looking forward to hear this one, find anything yet Edge89?

What a great site, I really hope it becomes popular, although I think you really do have to be fanatical about Bono's voice to get involved. Like Rob33 says, it is something of an overwhelming task.

The video clips are great fun, Bono's clearly having a ball with the Love Comes To Town performance and it makes me wish they'd have played it again on the last two tours. One Tree Hill from Aucklands amazing, that Rain note is brilliant.

Anyway I think you should include the Washington 92 version of Bad for the final Wide Awakes, he hits them with alot of force, especially the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj_20jF0AeA

And what about the June 6th 86 rendition of Bad, Bono's voice is very high and searing on that.

Wow, Peterrrr! What an AMAZING site!! You have got so many great moments there! I'd have to agree with all of the above suggestions, and don't have much to add myself... but I really love Bono's falsetto at the end of Please and the beginning of Streets from the Leeds and Rotterdam Popmart shows... his voice just sounds incredibly gorgeous in both of those performances...

Another note I love is from the beginning of Kite from Melbourne 1 (18.11.2006)... I don't know if it's just because I was there, but it still gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it...

Also, for "album voice moments", I've always loved Promenade. :D His voice especially soars during the "I see you STARE"... "oh, tell ME... charity DANCE with me"... In fact, the whole performance of the song is gorgeous and makes it all the more magical. :)

Thank-you once again for putting together this site and that amazing MP3. I've just started listening to it: it is amazing, and must have taken a lot of hard work! Thank-you! Good luck with the rest of your campaign! :)

Last edited:
DevilsShoes said:
What a great site, I really hope it becomes popular, although I think you really do have to be fanatical about Bono's voice to get involved. Like Rob33 says, it is something of an overwhelming task.

My goal is to get alot of fans to be envolved, even if they arent as fanatical as me :)

DevilsShoes said:

Anyway I think you should include the Washington 92 version of Bad for the final Wide Awakes, he hits them with alot of force, especially the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj_20jF0AeA

That one is amazing, but I think he overuse his voice a bit there, very strained. The note isnt as clean as it was on UF, AI and Vertigo tour. But still it sounds amazing :)

DevilsShoes said:

And what about the June 6th 86 rendition of Bad, Bono's voice is very high and searing on that.

That one is near 1986-06-15 - East Rutherford version :)

Peterrrrr said:

Im realy looking forward to hear this one, find anything yet Edge89?

Well, I know where to get it, but the download link for the videoclip is invalid which makes things harder, and I don't have it on my computer either.

Perhaps someone else can help you out?
It's a mini documentary about Bono's performance with Kylie Minouge singing Kids from a show in Sydney on the 12th of November in 2006. It runs for about 6:30 minutes. It's called White Diamond I think. Either that or Show Girl Homecoming, can't remember which.

I know there's pictures of it over at PLEBA at least, but I don't know if anyone still has got the videoclip as well.

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:

Well, I know where to get it, but the download link for the videoclip is invalid which makes things harder, and I don't have it on my computer either.

Perhaps someone else can help you out?
It's a mini documentary about Bono's performance with Kylie Minouge singing Kids from a show in Sydney on the 12th of November in 2006. It runs for about 6:30 minutes.

I know there's pictures of it over at PLEBA at least, but I don't know if anyone still has got the videoclip as well.

What the url for the video? Would be great if I only could get the file name on the video :)

Peterrrrr said:

What the url for the video? Would be great if I only could get the file name on the video :)

The file was hosted on send space but it's gone now. I believe the file was called:

White Diamond - Bono and Kylie - Kids mini documentary. a v i

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:

The file was hosted on send space but it's gone now. I believe the file was called:

White Diamond - Bono and Kylie - Kids mini documentary. a v i

Thanks for the information, do you remeber what you find it first time, was in on this forum in a thread? If it was it would be very easy to found who else who downloaded it :)

Peterrrrr said:

Thanks for the information, do you remeber what you find it first time, was in on this forum in a thread? If it was it would be very easy to found who else who downloaded it :)

No I got the link from a friend who got it from somewhere, although u2mp 3s.com had it before as well. You might want to check their forum out and make a request.

Wow, great job Peterrr..... I've got a few suggestions from my head: NYD from Los Angeles 06-06-1986 is very strong, better than San Francisco 04-06-1986.

All I Want Is You from Buenos Aires 06, He has problems with voice but he holds Yooooooou for 7 seconds at the end of the song, really intense performance, In my opinion the best version...

Gone from Sarajevo, "I'll be uuuup with the sun part" is very strong, he holds the uuuuup part much longer than on any other Popmart show... Maybe I'll come with more soon, that's all I can think about now,

Peterrrr, this site is such a great idea, I'm curious to see it developing.

I have the Kylie/Bono stuff on my computer at home, the file has the Bono relevant parts of the documentary. I can get it by tomorrow, unless someone else is faster.

:)

One, Tacoma 1992-04-21. Amazing outro, Bono sings iiiiii feeel love in very high falsetto, definately an must-have:up:

U2lunatic said:
Wow, great job Peterrr..... I've got a few suggestions from my head: NYD from Los Angeles 06-06-1986 is very strong, better than San Francisco 04-06-1986.

All I Want Is You from Buenos Aires 06, He has problems with voice but he holds Yooooooou for 7 seconds at the end of the song, really intense performance, In my opinion the best version...

Gone from Sarajevo, "I'll be uuuup with the sun part" is very strong, he holds the uuuuup part much longer than on any other Popmart show... Maybe I'll come with more soon, that's all I can think about now, [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, that one was great! I think that Bono didnt care about his voice beacuse it was very unstable so he gave his all that night and didnt care if it would broke if he belt to much. The "Take me higher" part on EBTTRT on that show is also very strong.

U2lunatic said:

I was going to add the Los Angeles NYD version first, but changed it because the sound quality of the bootleg was to bad. Does anyone here have that show on soundboard. I didnt find that one on U2start :(

That was amazing! Thanks!

U2lunatic said:
One, Tacoma 1992-04-21. Amazing outro, Bono sings iiiiii feeel love in very high falsetto, definately an must-have:up:

That was the best outro I ever heard in One! Thanks!

last unicorn said:
Peterrrr, this site is such a great idea, I'm curious to see it developing.

I have the Kylie/Bono stuff on my computer at home, the file has the Bono relevant parts of the documentary. I can get it by tomorrow, unless someone else is faster.

:)

Can't wait :)

Thanks alot to you all for all the positive feedback! Keep contunie to post new highights :drool:
All of you who give tips will be credited on my site. I will update the lists later this week with all new ones.

Keep posting and thanks for helping with me with "The Bono voice highligts campaign"! :)

Last edited:
Hi Peter! :wave:

"So why a site about his voice, according to a lot of people Bono got the most ordinary voice ever"

... I think you mean "the most EXTRAordinary voice ever"! ;)

Can't wait to see the updates! :)

AchtungGirl219 said:
Hi Peter! :wave:

"So why a site about his voice, according to a lot of people Bono got the most ordinary voice ever"

... I think you mean "the most EXTRAordinary voice ever"! ;)

Can't wait to see the updates! :)

The update comes later this week :) I got alot of more tips now :)

Keep posting!

Thanks!

Peter, if you leave your e-mail, I can send you the Bono parts from the Kylie documentary. It's very short and does not contain the actual performance, which can also be found on You Tube.
bonocomet has it in her SF project as well, if you need it you should ask her for the link.

Not sure if it's just live stuff you want. For me the best Bono vocal is the last fifth of Night and Day, when he repeats, "Night, night, night and day, night and daaay, niiight, niiiighhhtt and daaaay! Best vocal ever!

Back
Top Bottom