I actually like all of U2's music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud: yay for a positive thread.

the only album i dont like much is passengers, but even it has Your Blue Room , so count me in the club . i love them. without their music i probably wouldnt still be breathing.
so roll on 09 and dear god give us a new album!!!!!!!!

Wow ... is this actually interference?! Talking about how much we love U2, on a U2 fan board?! Good god!

hah. I love maybe 95% of their catalogue. Every band has clunkers, and U2 is no exception. But their good moments more than make up for the bad. Unlike most of my other favourite bands, U2, have not yet released an album that is without serious musical merit. There are some that aren't 5 star, but they pretty much always offer something new, credible or interesting. And if I think about it, there is something I like about even my least favourite songs. :love:

Every U2 album is satisfying, even Rattle & Hum, which I frequently malign, is still very satisfying.

I wouldn't be here if I didn't like all of U2's music. That's the truth....

There is brilliance in every song, something enjoyable, something memorable.

rainbowhearts.gif
I really do. There used to be a couple of songs I didn't like, but not anymore. :heart: I can honestly say I like, or like something about them all.
flower.gif

Yes, I was thinking this exact same thing the other day....

I used to really dislike Babyface, Elvis Presley and America, Dirty Day, and a few others I can't think of right now....and now I love all them all...but I realized like a week ago that I actually don't dislike any U2 songs on any one of their LP's...this includes R & H!!!

Also I realized a few days ago that Pop is very close to being a masterpiece...the way it is...I absolutely love this album now....

And I find Elvis Presley and America incredibly soothing for some reason...something about it really eases me and takes me away...and I used to hate it for some reason....

Count me in, too... the only songs that haven't really grown on me are Miami and Crumbs.

There are only 3 U2 songs I can't appreciate for what they are.

Big Girls are Best
Drunk Chicken
Womanfish

Otherwise, I love it all.

They're my favourite band because I like almost all their music (only Miami keeps failing for me), but I have to admit that it's not only their music, it's the lyrics and their philosophy in and outside stage what has made it possible for me to follow them through the years.
Btw: a good, positive thread at last! Thank you!

:up:
I don't think any of their songs are bad
some just slightly disappointing by their standards (Is that all?, If God would send ... )

amazing band though

And I find Elvis Presley and America incredibly soothing for some reason...something about it really eases me and takes me away...and I used to hate it for some reason....

I used to hate it too, probably because when I got tough (pun very much intended.) I adored the first half and then the second half was crap, besides Bad. I thought EPAA was garbage, completely unfinished (it's Bonoglese) and Bono sounds like he's drifting in and out of consciousness. But now I can appreciate it, especially the last minute or so.

:ohmy: No U2 bashing here? I must have wandered into an alternate universe! :wink:

I agree, anyway, I love ALL their stuff. Seriously. And Pop is my favorite album-- so there, ha!

(thanks for a positive thread comet! :hug: )

I thought EPAA was garbage, completely unfinished (it's Bonoglese) and Bono sounds like he's drifting in and out of consciousness. But now I can appreciate it, especially the last minute or so.

EPAA has been my favorite U2 song for almost 25 years.

I can't say I like EVERY song, but I do like bonocomet :hug:

Me too! I like everything they have done and I love the majority of it. Sure, there are a couple of tracks I'd skip in favour of others, but it's all worth something to me. Um, apart from one I can think of, haha, but it's only a cover so it doesn't count, right...?

Oh and I also love Passengers, all of that. It just does it for me.

Just thinking about Miami when someone else mentioned it - the way I got into it was the guitar, I find it pretty sexy even if the song isn't the best ever... it's still on Pop so it's great by default ;)

I used to really dislike If God Will Send His Angels, could not believe that it was made a single ahead of Gone and Mofo, but now I have grown to love it a great deal.
My least favourite U2 songs are Walk On and Miracle drug, and even then I prefer them to most music by other bands that are out there.
At their best U2 are the greatest band that have ever existed, they have consistently made music that has made a huge difference to my life for over 24 years, their music means more to me than I could ever put into words and they will always be my number 1

Count me in! Why U2 is my all time favorite band...hard to find a song I dislike...

My husband gets tired of hearing me say..."Oh I love this song!....":heart:

I :heart: all of u2's music
i find it hard to fault them
& im still finding songs on all there albums that i never really listened to
that im loving......... my new fav song is So cruel on achtung baby

rainbowhearts.gif
I really do. There used to be a couple of songs I didn't like, but not anymore. :heart: I can honestly say I like, or like something about them all.
flower.gif

I DO need to sign in this thread... no doubt! :love:

Having read some negative comments about U2 in here lately made feel a little:huh: :| :ohmy: :angry: :( :rant:

but there´s always a time to show our love for them..and for all their songs :heart: Thanks Bonocomet for this thread :flirt:

I'm in for 99%. And to mention a couple of the songs that have been discussed so far I really like Grace a lot, but Babyface is easily my least favorite U2 song, and a large portion of Pop doesn't do much for me (although live most of the songs are better). But the rest is all good, including all of ATYCLB and Bomb.

Babyface came on my iPod the other day and I didn't switch to the next song automatically :up:

I don't hate anything by U2, there are some songs which I don't care for but I would rather listen to them then 90% of what they call "music" these days...

^ The great thing about the songs I at first didn't like and always skipped is that they can later on become a fresh new song for you. I always skipped Babyface, The Playboy Mansion, Grace, and sometimes also If God Will Send His Angels. But now when I listen to these songs I hear them differently and even like them. I still can't say I love Red Light, in fact I don't like alot about it. But I actually do like Bono's singing in it, a lot. So yeah, nothing I hate, I like it all.

(Miami I loved from 1st listen :shifty: It's cool)

I love every song too. There is not just one that I don't like. I thought maybe it was me.

Back
Top Bottom