How many times have you seen U2 live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first show was 21 songs. It was on Vertigo.

Admittedly I miss ASOH and would like more songs but I'd fall over myself to buy a ticket if this was announced in New Zealand. They could even text me the setlist in advance and I'd still turn up and rock out.

Vancouver honestly felt like they were phoning it in which made it even more disappointing when coupled with the horrible entry issues. I LOATHE stadium shows, which no doubt is affecting my impression of the tour. After a brilliant i&E tour (I saw 10 shows) I was spoiled rotten.

They don't need to announce the setlist in advance - we already know it! Funny, when this tour was first announced I really was not interested in a nostalgia tour at all. I went to the JT tour 30 years ago. That said, I really enjoyed seeing it played in its entirety, and the video screen / videos are absolutely gorgeous... but, since they don't mix it up like Pearl Jam or Springsteen, there really isn't a need to see as many shows as I normally would. Now, if this were an Achtung Baby tour, I'd go to as many shows as I could afford, and then some...

There does seem to be a general fallacy going on right now that 21 songs is short for a U2 show. I'm not sure where people got that idea. Especially considering the Elevation Tour.

Regardless, I'd go to every show on this tour if I could, just knowing they will very likely never play the B-Side of the album again, for the most part.

Dallas was my 28th show.
One day I'll be an old-timer like you. Dallas was only #27 for me (after Houston started my JT30 tour with #26).

Of course if all goes as planned and my car doesn't break down, I'm hitting Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Louisville, and Chicago twice over the next few weeks, so I'll have my fill.

For anyone still on the fence about tickets (waiting for drops, or Louisville/Pittsburgh/Argentina/NZ/etc), I'll say this much: with a stadium-sized amount of people buying GA tickets, and less rail space than 360 and I+E, GA might not be quite as awesome as it usually is for U2. Still cool, but seats with a good view of the screen may be a good option too.

Last edited:
Unforgettable Fire - 1 (we had to get an extra ticket for my ‘cool’ aunt so she could chaperone)
Conspiracy of Hope - 1 (the one at Giants Stadium w/ Sting and Bono for Invisible Sun)
Joshua Tree - 2 (both Madison Sq Garden shows)
Zoo TV - 4
Zoo TV Outside Broadcast - 5 (including Yankee Stadium)
Popmart - 4 (including opening night in Vegas)
Elevation - 2
Vertigo - 1 (life got in the way of grabbing more than 1 for this tour, dammit)
360 - 2
i+e - 14 (including Paris, before and after the terrorism)
Joshua Tree 2017 - will be 5 including Dublin. maybe 7 because I am working on adding Amsterdam

I am so lucky to have such a long list and I have vivid memories of all, well, maybe not Yankee Stadium because we were 'shrooming for that one. For me, my experience at a u2 show is always musically, lyrically, culturally and emotionally potent. That's why I keep going back. No matter what they choose to put in their setlist.

I've never seen U2 in an arena and simply don't need to. I know the songs. I don't need to cuddle Bono. If they play a stadium show, you're there for the motherfucking show. That's the shit I'm paying for.

I feel like I need to see one more show this summer to give me a nice round number.

*flight-purchasing finger twitching intensifies*
Do eeeeeeeettt!

The second JT30 show in Pasadena was my 9th time
Tempted to go to Chicago just to even it out.
also do eeeeeeet!

That said, I really enjoyed seeing it played in its entirety, and the video screen / videos are absolutely gorgeous... but, since they don't mix it up like Pearl Jam or Springsteen, there really isn't a need to see as many shows as I normally would.
Considering that TJT as a whole is utterly brilliant, and this is our only realistic chance to hear IGC, Exit, etc live, I'm happy with the set. Though yes, I really really really hope they add ASOH back in for at least one of the 2 Chicago shows.

knowing they will very likely never play the B-Side of the album again, for the most part.
Exit is totally worthy of showing up again on a future tour. It can rock the house just like BTBS or The Fly can.

U2 shows since 1983

93 total shows since June 1983; I've been incredibly lucky and grateful to have been able to make it to these shows. Great fun with wonderful U2 family.

8 for me.ZooTV Indoor - Dallas
ZooTV Outdoor - Irving
Pop Mart -Dallas
Elevation - Dallas
Vertigo - Dallas
360 - Arlington
I&E - Boston
Joshua Tree 2017 - Arlington

I appreciate the specificity of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex locations. ;)

Yeah, I have noticed that shit, but U2 will always be moving for me regardless. Plus, it's something O enjoy sharing with others.

War, 1. Night after Red Rocks.
UF, 1.
Conspiracy of Hope.
Joshua Tree, 2. Saw a Denver show that became part of Rattle N Hum.
Zoo TV, 3. Once inside, twice outside.
Pop Mart, 1.
Elevation, 3. WILATW in Kansas City.
Vertigo, 3.
360, 2.
I.E., 1.

18 since 1983 .... was headed to 19 but probably have to bail on Chicago next weekend.

5/19/15 - San Jose
5/17/17 - Santa Clara

I'm hoping to catch all their California shows for the Experience leg. I hope they do arenas again. JT was a charming show, but I&E was electric.

Last edited:
15 shows (Feat. One dress rehearsal).

Actually if we count rehearsals I have a few songs to add given I was as close to the stage as the back of the field on this tour, these are from Auckland 360. We were updating Interference like a setlist party.:

Tuesday evening, 23/11 between 6pm and 7:30: One Tree Hill riff, further One Tree Hill jamming, One Tree Hill instrumental, Bono sings One Tree Hill outro, One Tree Hill full band with vocals, Scarlet, Boy Falls From The Sky twice, second time instrumental.

Tuesday evening, 23/11 between 8:30 and 10pm: Return Of The Stingray Guitar, Beautiful Day / One Tree Hill (snippet), I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Until The End Of The World (Bono forgets some lyrics so it is partly instrumental), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Mercy, One Tree Hill (stopped a third of the way through and restarted), In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, Boy Falls From The Sky (preceded by a lengthy jam)

Wednesday evening, 24/11: End of In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, Boy Falls From The Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo (partly instrumental), Crazy Tonight / Relax (snippet), Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet), Scarlet, Walk On, One Tree Hill (largely instrumental), Ultra Violet, Boy Falls From The Sky again, intro of Where The Streets Have No Name by Edge.

I have never heard two of those songs inside the stadium fencing, and Boy Falls From The Sky would have been fun.

Back
Top Bottom