How far have you traveled to see U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gunsnroses

The Fly
I fell in love with U2 during the Elevation tour. At that time i lived in a podunk town in Oklahoma calld Enid. I travelled six hours just to stand in line to buy tickets in Dallas. I wasnt internet savy at all and i was unaware of buying tickets online. Months later i drove back to Dallas with a handful of acid and a bag of shrooms to see them. During the fly my life changed forever. After that i knew i had too see them again no matter the cost. So i went home and found a way to travel to phoniex, a 16 hour drive. Another beautiful night. When the third leg was announcd i decided i was going to go all out .I worked 12 hours a day for 2 months straight to save money. First stop Austin(this time sugar cubes) and then Las Vegas(and more sugar cubes,acid in vegas beautiful). Then LA was announced as the last show of the tour,LA was mu first sober U2 experience,but the crowd sucked. Since i was already in Vegas i said fuck it why not. Then more shows were scheduled. I was estatic. When i got home from LA ,which was a 30 hour drive, i found some friends and a week later i arrived in Dallas again, my first heart experience so far and No Doubts last night on the tour. No doubt came into the heart during U2s set i met Gwen. During the show i met someone with tickts to the now final show of the tour , MIAMI, my mammy. The guy had GAs. I lookd at my frind and said ,well? He said fuck it, why not. We didnt buy that guys tickets ,but we travl 36 hours straight some days later to miami. We waitd in line all day and never got tickets until fiften minutes before they lt in the GA line. So that is a very abbreviated description of my travels on the Elevation tour. I literally drove to La and to miami and back. I moved to Jersey in 2004. Living here has been a concert lovers dream.I can see multiple shows in the best cities in the world.I saw every MSG show on Vertigo and only had to travel an hour So what is your U2 travel story? I know there are some crazy one out there.Share!

I went to Hawaii from LA. It was my first time going to the islands and my furthest concert to date. Also my first U2 show in the GA. It was very meaningful on many levels. There was a ton of sacrifices in order for this to happen. I arrived in Honolulu on the 65th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack and of course I stopped by. The show was spectacular and surpassed every one of my expectations.:heart:

I'd love to see them in Europe someday:drool:

I had tickets to see them in Hawaii but i had military obligations and couldnt not make it. I could not see U2 and PJ for a worthless war.

When the Vertigo Tour began, I lived on the Gold Coast in Queensland - I flew to Boston to see the end of the first leg. By the time the Vertigo Tour finally came to Australia, I'd moved up from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and I hit the Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne shows, plus I went back to my native New Zealand for the Auckland gigs.

Now I live in Melbourne and I'm heading to Europe to see the band in Paris, Amsterdam, and Dublin.

That said, the majority of my US and European trips are sightseeing - tying them in with U2 shows just makes it all the better. The only city I went to for no reason other than to see U2 was Sydney.

San Diego, CA to Portland, OR... 928 miles... not a huge distance, but far enough when you have a fear of flying. :uhoh:

Minnesota to Dublin. It was quite the journey. Met friends in Rhode Island late Friday night, took a bus to Boston airport on Saturday afternoon. Then flew to Amsterdam for a layover and then finally got to Dublin on Sunday afternoon. It was almost 40 hours from the time I left home to the time I got to Ireland. I think a direct trip would have been about 10 hours. Totally worth it! :yes:

The extent of my U2 travels. And back again of course.

united-kingdom-map.png

so far just Philly to Baltimore, and Philly 11 times.... this year, Philly to Dublin, Philly to DC and Philly to Dirty Jerz.

Joshua Tree - traveled from CA to CT, NY and Philly. Then GA, VA and AZ.
Zootv - Los Angeles, San Diego, AZ from San Francisco
Zooropa - Cardiff Wales, and Dublin
Popmart, - Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego
Elevation - Portland, Vancouver Canada, (and the rest of the west coast)
Vertigo - West Coast and Dublin

Basically the furthest was Cardiff and Dublin but there's always travel involved. It's a cool kind of vacation!

Michigan to Hawaii, but that was also our honeymoon. Besides that special occasion, I've never flown (and likely never will) for a concern. Pittsburgh and St. Louis were both about 7 hour drives each way.

I live in South Jersey, so I guess I can say on Elevation Philly to Atlanta, Vertigo Philly to Hawaii and 360 Philly to Dublin

Elevation :they came to Providence when I lived there

Vertigo: Flew 1st leg/drove 2nd leg from Columbus to Chicago and drove to Philadelphia from Columbus also.

360:So far, I drove for 9 hours to NYC to hear them play two songs...both of them being songs from Vertigo and Elevation tours. :lol:
I'm flying to Dublin to see them there finally this tour too..so my final answer is about 3400 miles. :hyper:

Mmm... western Kentucky to Wisconsin for ZooTV.
Eastern North Carolina to MSG/New York for ATYCLB & then eastern NC to western NC (Charlotte) 2 weeks later. Meh... not that far, really.

One day (like maybe THIS year!) I hope to at least make a West Coast trek for a Vegas or LA/San Diego show. And, of course, I'd eventually like to see them in Europe. :love:

Back
Top Bottom