how do you buy your tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn, I sound like an old man with all the "feet hurt" and "need clear access to the restroom" stuff. Screw that. I'm going GA again next time. I'm not an old man dammit!

How lame-old-man would it be for you to bring a portable chair?

This is interesting to read.

Back in 1992 I called my local Ticketmaster (Providence) when tickets went onsale for the Outside Broadcast. My local access number was completely busy, but I got the idea to call Maine. I got right through, and got front row seats for the second show. I used that tactic for every tour up through Vertigo. (As I recall, I got seats by calling Minnesota that time.)

For the Vertigo tour, when the U2.com cock-up happened and Ticketmaster was calling U2.com members asking what seats they wanted, I actually got called several times and wound up with a whole bunch of extra tickets, which I sold at face value or gave away.

For 360, everything changed, and the only way I've gotten tickets is through the fan club. (Granted, I haven't tried that hard.)

The Internet makes it less fun now...

How lame-old-man would it be for you to bring a portable chair?

Ah yes, portable chair. Should have thought of that. If I remember correctly they didn't allow portable chairs inside the stadium, but it would have helped for waiting in line outside for hours (if you're willing to lose it or go back to the car before the doors open).

Hey, I'm just curious.
I'm asking about tickets in general, not the next tour particularly, in case you misunderstood, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Oh. In that case: May 9th 2013 at 11:23 PM until May 9th 2013 11:22 PM. You have to cross time zones to get them.

Thank you for your unnecessary rudeness. I just want to get an approximate picture about ticket sells, but...ok, guess you can be sarcastic about it as well.

You edited your response after I posted. I thought you were being facetious and I was just playing back. Sorry about that.

How long before the show tickets go on sale?

That's actually a really good question. My sister purchased tickets for a July Bon Jovi concert back in December! And this is for a concert in their home state! That seems like such a long time between the initial sale of tickets and the actual performance. Would U2 put tickets on sale 7 months before the gig?

That's actually a really good question. My sister purchased tickets for a July Bon Jovi concert back in December! And this is for a concert in their home state! That seems like such a long time between the initial sale of tickets and the actual performance. Would U2 put tickets on sale 7 months before the gig?

Yes- I remember buying my 360 tickets in November for a June show (then ended up rescheduled because of the back surgery)

If they are indeed doing an arena tour, then it could start as soon as February or March. Tickets would probably go on sale in October/November, a month or two after the possible album release.

Though based on how early the 360 ticket sales were, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to sell the tickets earlier than that. It'd be tough to sell tickets before the album is released though.

That's good to know. Did you get notified in the sales starting via u2.com?

Of course.

But just stay on this forum and there will be pre-sale threads every week for all the different venues. Everyone here keeps everyone else up to date when there's actual info to talk about.

How long before the show tickets go on sale?

Unfortunately that varies a lot. Sometimes new legs of a U2 tour or second or third shows in the same city are not announced right away. So usually when U2 announces a new tour they will only announce the first leg or 2 initially, adding more legs later. They will also only usually announce one show per city, but as tickets sell, some cities get another show or two added later.

Basically, when U2 officially announces a new tour (on their website), check the website often to get new legs and shows being added often so you don't miss something. I've seen some shows announced months in advance, and some much closer to the show date (like only 4-6 weeks).

The only time I saw U2 was way back in 1992.I remember waiting in line hoping tickets would not sell out.At least buying tickets online is much more convient these days.

A membership of U2.com almost guarantees you to have tickets.

If you wanna become a member in order to get tickets I would wait though. If you become a member right now there is a risk you may have to renew your membership for the sale (since the sale may start more than one year away from now...)

I recall tickets for the summer leg of 2009 were sold in.... hm, January or february ish? For 2010 I think I bought them in March.

Back
Top Bottom