Hometown Dublin shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
This question is for anyone that has been to multiple hometown shows by U2 for comparision sake. I'm wondering which tour's shows stand out among the rest as the "ulitmate U2 in dublin experience".

I was thinking between Slane- Vertigo- 360- but if you have experience with PopMart, Zoo shows, or earlier, please feel free to comment.

Ive always tended to lend towards thinking Slane, but perhaps this is due to the high-profile of those shows from the dvd release. On the other hand, alot of the news media reported that 360 was U2 at their best, but maybe they say that every tour.

Anyways, any thoughts on the feeling, and mood of the shows, and which tends to be favorited among the hardcore fans that pilgram to these types of shows, would be appricated.

Cheers

Based on bootlegs Lovetown (26-12-1989) and Zoo TV (28-8-1993). I wasn't there of course:wink:

I was at 2nd slane show, 1st croker show vertigo tour and 1st and 3rd nights at croker 360 tour .. out of the four i'd say the 1st night of 360 tour in Dublin was the best (though they were all pretty amazing)

Based on bootlegs Lovetown (26-12-1989) and Zoo TV (28-8-1993). I wasn't there of course:wink:

Whilst that Zoo Tv show is a good quality recording, I dont enjoy it as much as other, lesser quality bootlegs out there from the same tour. I remember sitting in and recording that show as it happened, off BBC Radio 1 :) (Still a great show tho) I must download it again. I used to have the 2cd Bootleg of it, but, along with many other things....its long since gone

Yeah, the ZooTV Dublin gig sounds amazing, but it's pretty rote. I tend to prefer the London shows from the same leg. The sound quality is still good, especially on night 4, while the first night probably has my favorite setlist ever and the best Bullet I've ever heard. :drool:

Yeah, those uber-angry Bullets from the London shows? Man. They give me chills every time. I wish we had those in the same quality of the Dublin show.

Rote show setlist-wise, but I love the performances, and still my favorite bootleg ever.

i appreshiate the bootleg comments. but does anyone have first-hand comment from being at SLane 1 or 2 and the mood and how it felt? Compared to 3-night stands for Vertigo and 360

Back
Top Bottom