Hilariously idiotic U2-related youtube comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a few:

- "ZZ Top is better than U2."

- (In reference to Lee DeWyze's aweful American Idol performance of Beautiful Day)
"OMG he sings it better than Bono!"

- (On the Super Bowl XXXVI halftime show video) "Prince was better."

- And, of course, "U2 wrote 'Miami'"

wtf is up with that "U2 wrote Miami" comment?? i've seen it copy pasted on almost every U2 video on youtube

Yeah, I dont get that Miami comment.

I mean, it's not a good song... but... it still doesn't make any sense? U2 wrote 'Miami'. So? Is there some crime involved with Miami? It might be bad, but they also wrote Where the Streets Have No Name... Sunday Bloody Sunday... blah. blah. blah.

I can understand a lot of people not liking 'Pop'. It is a strange little album. I've played it a lot in recent weeks and I just sort of fell in love with the whole record, so I'm coming off a Pop high this week. And for the record Holy Joe (Garage Mix) should have made the album.

But this is not a 'Pop' discussion, so as for those comments, yes they make no sense to me whatso-ever. I'm not sure if that's meant to have a "Miami sucks" feel to it or a "Miami is awesome!1!!1".

Can I just say once and for all that the guy who produced the Miami comments is a U2 fan and has posted on this forum before.

Can I just say once and for all that the guy who produced the Miami comments is a U2 fan and has posted on this forum before.

Yes I know this. The Streets19xx (whatever year) guy. He posted in this thread. I'm still saying that I don't think the comments make any sense. I'm not bashing him or anything, just that the comments don't seem to make sense and wondering what they are about.

I'm about 1000 percent positive the extrapolation is "Miami sucks. U2 wrote Miami, therefore U2 sucks"

Or in a youtube comment conversation:

"ZOMG U2 is awesommeee!!11!1!"

"No, they sucketh big time"

"They've written some of the best songs evarr!!11!"

"Yeah, well, U2 also wrote Miami"

"Oh. yah. Got me there :| " :lol:

:wink:

I agree with the "Miami sucks" part. Horrible tune. But just because U2 wrote it, well, they've written other bad songs and it doesn't mean they necessarily suck. Now..if half or more of the songs they put on each album sounded like Miami, well then maybe we'd have something to debate..but they don't, so we don't.

:lol: & :wave: @ U2 wrote Miami dude.

From gowestward1

"Was at the Aragon show that Bono referred....was 1984 If I recall....show was electric... small, intimate setting....before U2 became corporate sell outs."

This could be very accurate, but then I checked his profile,
he posts 9/11 conspiracy films, and is a Bon Jovi fan :lmao:

It's kind of a way to expose people to some of U2's "weirder" stuff, I think.

I'm about 1000 percent positive the extrapolation is "Miami sucks. U2 wrote Miami, therefore U2 sucks"

This. The Miami comments are directed towards saying 'LOL U2 is awful, they wrote Miami'.

Which doesn't make any sense... eat 22 Grammy's bitch.

Back
Top Bottom