Hidden messages/sounds on U2 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
So I read about the lettering on the Zooropa album, and know about Van Diemen's Land in reverse on Wake Up Dead Man. I remember years ago seeing a list of all of those hidden messages and gems across U2 albums compiled into one place. Does anyone know where I can find that?

i don't know anything about the lettering on Zooropa album? :hmm:

There is a biblical reference on the ATYCLB cover however, J 33:3 as explained below:

Cover art

The photograph on the album cover was taken by long-time U2 photographer Anton Corbijn in the Roissy Hall 2F of the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, France.[11] Unlike the busy colour sleeves of the band's 1990s records, the cover is a single monochrome image of the band in the airport's departure terminal. The designers describe the look they created as "grown up". Early versions of the cover released to the press show a departure sign that reads "F21-36", however, this was changed to J33-3 in reference to the Bible verse Jeremiah 33:3, "Call unto me and I will answer thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Bono referred to it as "God's phone number"[11] The lyric "3:33 when the numbers fell off the clock face" appears on the song "Unknown Caller" from the group's 2009 album No Line on the Horizon.

I heard if you play the acoustic version of Every Breaking Wave at the normal tempo, it turns into an Adele song.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

15408zooropa1-med.jpg

That's a terrible picture of it, though.

What's the WUDM/Van Dieman's thing???

Last edited:
If you play Miracle Drug backwards, you get a bunch of dead baby jokes

remember those?

Why did the dead baby cross the road?

He was stapled to the chicken

What's easier to unload from a truck, 100 dead babies or 100 bowling balls?
100 dead babies cause you can use a pitchfork
....unfortunately can't do the follow up "how do you know when you get a live one?" joke as its a visual

If you play Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For backwards at half speed, there's a hidden satanic message. It may involve inappropriate references to Tipper Gore.

If you play Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For backwards at half speed, there's a hidden satanic message. It may involve inappropriate references to Tipper Gore.

That's funny right there. I was listening to 'Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk' backwards and i could swear i heard Tipper Gore complaining about the lack of parental advisory labels on the Achtung baby album cover.

Also of note, when listening to the song backwards, Alex still descended into hell for that bottle of milk.

That's funny right there. I was listening to 'Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk' backwards and i could swear i heard Tipper Gore complaining about the lack of parental advisory labels on the Achtung baby album cover.

Also of note, when listening to the song backwards, Alex still descended into hell for that bottle of milk.

Alex, Alice, who the fuck is Alex?

Think about it...

Back
Top Bottom