Has U2 Peaked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mind readers and fortune tellers all in one thread... :up:

*sigh* we've been through this before, i don't think that i know what the band wants, i was adding a guess. I was working under the assumption that adding out-of-place songs on NLOTH much later into the mix, or cancelling the may album were not acts of artistic desire, but commercial necessity.

I admit i could be wrong, i'm just taking a guess - i think it's more likely that they're not doing what they want. Never stated my opinion as fact, and i'll happily listen to someone who disagrees with me :wave:

i think it's more likely that they're not doing what they want.

No reason to sigh... I just don't believe in making such guesses into the minds of artists. It's the seed of pre-judging.

was that directed at me? come on, you don't truly think they can release the best album of their career in the coming five years do you?

I believe in the motto of never say never... Johnny Cash had one of the biggest revivals of his career after almost everyone had written him off.

U2 have had several peaks ... Maybe something like this:

_______-/\__ /\
____/\---/_-\_/_\_/\/\/\/\/\______
___/__\/___\/__\/
__/

Look at that - mountain range! - 4 peaks there are Unforgettable fire, Joshua tree, Achtung baby and ATYCLB ;)

U2 have had several peaks ... Maybe something like this:

_______-/\__ /\
____/\---/_-\_/_\_/\/\/\/\/\______
___/__\/___\/__\/
__/

Look at that - mountain range! - 4 peaks there are Unforgettable fire, Joshua tree, Achtung baby and ATYCLB ;)

Yeah, for me U2 have had several peaks too, but why is it so difficult to understand that apart from sales, which I think has nothing to do with what we are discussing here, all of this is subjective? My peaks have a little bit different distribution, for example.

As for their best album to be or not in the future, well, I don't expect it, but I don't say it is impossible, maybe because I'm not that sure what a "best album" is, I would have to make many questions, a best album for whom? for what? from what point of view? at what time? and, well, many others... Thanksfully my life is not in black and white, I can enjoy many shadows of grey and many different colours.

Back
Top Bottom