Has Bono stopped dancing with a fan during concerts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2clubinSL

Babyface
I noticed he didn't pull anyone up during either Wembley concerts but my friend in Hungry said he did there? hmmmm????:|

I think there have been one or two people pulled up for dancing purposes (not counting his daughter on her birthday), but I think most of the people onstage have been of the non-dancing types (Tattoo Dan, the girl who carried Bono, little kids during CBOL).

Personally, I'm happy to have that schtick dropped. Leave it as an occasional thing, but having the expectation that someone's going to dance onstage during WOWY or Mysterious Ways is tired.

Plus, it leads to way too much goddamn drama among the fans.

I don't know about other shows, he did pull up a girl on stage during MW in Zagreb.

I think it comes off better during that song than, say, WOWY.

I'm glad he did stop doing this, though in Dublin(II?) he pulled up a girl for Mysterious Ways because she had a Chilean flag. She did a bit of a dancey thing, but no slow dance.

Has Bono stopped dancing with a fan during concerts?

Hopefully. It cheapens U2, encourages an element of the fanbase that shouldn't really be encouraged, and makes Bono look like a third rate Elvis imitator. Besides, when Bono first started doing this in the early '80s, at least he was dancing with girls of around his own age, so it felt natural, but there's something vaguely creepy about a fifty year old dancing with girls young enough to be his daughters.

Tattoo Dan is badass. You know it's never going to be a slow dance when he's up there, which is always a plus.

there's something vaguely creepy about a fifty year old dancing with girls young enough to be his daughters.

Well..its not like there are any ladies who are (ahem) more mature who would like a dance.....maybe he should just bump up the age bracket..:giggle:

just kidding...I'm glad the show is the way it is....:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom