Has Bono Ever Publicly Apologized For Anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have energy to read through this entire thread.

How about this: they don't like to play songs off of Pop, and are much more likely (third leg of Elevation forward) to play song off of any other album that they've released than Pop? Including Zooropa, Passengers, October, Boy, War.

There.

Are you simply a misogynist or just a total ass in general?

It's a joke playing on her status in the media and hypocritical western world. There is nothing misogynistic about it.

And if that offends you more than Edge's attempt to use his status to have laws changed to benefit him (and the ultra rich like him) then maybe you should try being an ass instead of an overly sensitive moron who doesn't seem to know what misogyny is.

If I can interject here, and forgive me if it has been mentioned previously, but I believe there is a correlation between Bono's hair length and the songs the band plays. Simply put: U2 plays more songs from the 1980s because that's when Bono had long hair, which also contributed to more album sales.

I mean, this really is indisputable logic if you think about it.

Corrected.

Most likely true. They did at least rehearse Mofo and Discotheque at length for the third leg of Vertigo, as well as Velvet Dress. A shame only Discotheque saw the light of day (twice, at that), given the amount of time they spent on all three. As I've said before, if they had come back to play stadiums in the US for another leg of Vertigo, I think a Pop-encore would have been in order. At the least, I believe they were rehearsing it for the long run of shows at MSG in October 2005 when they played five shows in a week.

They also did rehearse If God Will Send His Angels for 360 apparently, but likely Drowning Man, it didn't see the light of day.

Bono also defended Pop Mart as recently as what, 2010 or 2009, when he called it their finest hour? So it's a bit curious that they really neglect Pop so much.

Yes, I know, they're clearly unhappy with the album versions of most of the songs, but like most U2 songs, they really come to life live, and that was most true of Pop than any other of their CDs.

:shrug:

BoMac said:
If I can interject here, and forgive me if it has been mentioned previously, but I believe there is a correlation between Bono's hair length and the songs the band plays. Simply put: U2 plays more songs from the 1980s because that's when Bono had long hair, which also contributed to more album sales.

I mean, this really is indisputable logic if you think about it.

Finally some sound evidence. Thank you!

I was thinking about this whole hair thing yesterday (yes, my life really is THIS exciting), and I had to wonder ...

... if Bono came back with a mullet for the next album, how would that impact sales? The front says NO HITS, SHIT SALES, and the back says PARTY ON, WE'RE SELLING A GAJILLION COPIES!

I just hope we don't get anymore songs like The Fly, Zoo Station, Mofo, Vertigo. Please, no more distortion

Good God. This thread. I... I can't even...

Much ado about nothing? Tempest in a teacup? Mountain out of a molehill? The disturbing result of an over-developed sense of intellectual superiority?

All of the above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom