Has Bono been working out his neck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All this talk and not a single mention of

hulk5vk.gif

:tsk:

Someone Bonofy :hulk: and then maybe Sicy will add it.

:lol:

I still remember my then-roomate's reaction to seeing the WOWY video on MTV for the first time back in 1987 - "Look at his neck - it's HUUUGE."

ohhh please...he's no ordinary 50 year old man. He's a rockstar in the biggest band in the world....just cause he's 50 doesn't mean he can't get in great shape...especially if it helps the performance. And besides, Bono is not human. This is a fact. I came to this conclusion in another thread a little while ago...and I still stand by it.

Exactly. There are people who are 50 and sit on there ass all day who are thinner than Bono, and this man is burning all his energy for months none stop. Anyways, thats probably one of the downsides of this tour, having an overweight bono. On the other hand, i cant see him loosing it, he has been like this for like 2 years now. Hopefully though, next year he might grow his hair back, loose all his weight and have a complete new look.

Exactly. There are people who are 50 and sit on there ass all day who are thinner than Bono, and this man is burning all his energy for months none stop. Anyways, thats probably one of the downsides of this tour, having an overweight bono. On the other hand, i cant see him loosing it, he has been like this for like 2 years now. Hopefully though, next year he might grow his hair back, loose all his weight and have a complete new look.

Um, no. There are also people who eat ten times more than I do, still I'm overweight. Guess what, people are different and Bono has always said he has a "fat girl" inside of him. He has never been thin, always stocky, it's just the way he is built. I guess he gains weight as soon as he sees the food. Besides, he's almost 50. Most young people have no idea how difficult it becomes to lose weight at that age, especially for men. He looks good the way he does, he needs some meat on his bones, it's good for the nerves and protects him a little from the stress of everyday life. And his hair is great the way it is, very suitable for a guy his age. Please no new look, he's so fine right now :up:

I don't understand why Bono's looks are so important for people anyway. Isn't it more important to feel comfortable with yourself and watch your own body instead of worrying about somone else? Bono looks very relaxed these days and it's good that way. It's what's inside that matters most.

Um, no. There are also people who eat ten times more than I do, still I'm overweight. Guess what, people are different and Bono has always said he has a "fat girl" inside of him. He has never been thin, always stocky, it's just the way he is built. I guess he gains weight as soon as he sees the food. Besides, he's almost 50. Most young people have no idea how difficult it becomes to lose weight at that age, especially for men. He looks good the way he does, he needs some meat on his bones, it's good for the nerves and protects him a little from the stress of everyday life. And his hair is great the way it is, very suitable for a guy his age. Please no new look, he's so fine right now :up:

I don't understand why Bono's looks are so important for people anyway. Isn't it more important to feel comfortable with yourself and watch your own body instead of worrying about somone else? Bono looks very relaxed these days and it's good that way. It's what's inside that matters most.

LU, Bono needs to lose some weight...accept it! I promise you that Bono's nerves will still be okay even AFTER losing this weight...

Of course his current weight isn't bad...it's just not ideal, where the performance becomes noticeably better come showtime...hopefully he's out jogging right now with Edge, who was looking a little fuller himself on the first two legs.

LU, Bono needs to lose some weight...accept it! I promise you that Bono's nerves will still be okay even AFTER losing this weight...

Of course his current weight isn't bad...it's just not ideal, where the performance becomes noticeably better come showtime...hopefully he's out jogging right now with Edge, who was looking a little fuller himself on the first two legs.
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f195/

Are you talking about a couple of racehorses?

I'm not sure if this is something we should care about.

He does look pretty normal for a 49 year old. And a bit like Robin Williams, too.

No he does NOT "need to lose some weight". Who are you to say that? Bono should feel comfortable with himself. It doesn't matter what some fans think. We should be concerned with our own bodies. Just because you may not like the fact that your favourite singer has a little more flesh on his bones isn't a reason for Bono to lose weight. And I tell you it DOES help with stress.

Personally, I don't like skinny man. I think a man can have some meat. I love Bono no matter what. I don't understand why so many people are so obsessed with his weight. His voice is very good, there is no reason to lose weight.

Besides, it's his private thing. Pictures of him in shorts during holidays really don't need to be posted.

Yeah, let's close PLEBA.

They don't need to be posted here because he's in private and not on stage. We're talking about Bono's stage appearance. How he looks in private is nobody's business. Besides, I don't see the big fuss here anyway, looks good for a guy his age. I've seen so so much worse.

It's sad that we went from the rather funny "neck" thing to the annoying weight thing, again.

I have to worry enough with my own weight, that's the only thing that's important to me.

Well said!

And thank you for taking up for us middled age folks, Last Unicorn. You are a sweetheart!

I don't think Bono is overweight, at all. He appears to have good muscle mass, especially for a man of his age. He looks athletic to me. As men and women age, they need a little more body fat than their younger counter parts. To protect their bones from fracture.

Plus, none of you twenty something people are going to look the same, when you get to be Bono's age.

P.S. LU, there are lots of men who adore curvy/full figure women. Don't be so hard on yourself, sweetie. Every woman and man is beautiful, just the way that they are. Good diet, healthy lifestyle, and exercise are much more important than what any scale says.

Back
Top Bottom