Harold Budd & 'Cedars of Lebanon'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyJB

Refugee
Okay, today did an audio-double take as I was listening to some ambient music on Spotify whilst doing some mind-numbing research work, as you do...

Anyway, I got listening to an album called 'The Pearl' by Harold Budd, in collaboration with Brian Eno. It got to a track called 'Against the Sky' and it struck me immediately as being 'Cedars of Lebanon'!! Have a listen, its quite obviously a complete sample, albeit unacknowledged as far as I'm aware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz_frhM2B74

(Goes to look) Oh yes so it does. And there was me getting excited thinking I'd come across some obscure plaigarism.

I should have known really, pinching other's music is such a Coldplay thing to do :sexywink:

Good album. I really appreciate Eno's work. I love that U2's music has opened me up to his music. Lanois, Eno and Eno's Brother collaborated on "Apollo" about the moon landings. It's really good.

Cedars is one of my favorite tracks. It's got the feel of some of the Joshua Tree b sides with a bit of Zooropa thrown in.

Inadvertedly finding out about songs like this really makes you appreciate just how much of an impact Eno had and continues to have on the overall sound of U2, much more than we could possibly realise.

Back
Top Bottom