Happy St. Patrick's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bsp1501.gif

dmo.jpg

didn't drink the copious amounts of Guinness I thought I would ;) but never mind. Drunk. Fucking great night. Going to write some music now and skip uni tomorrow...probably.

I got into a St. Patrick party last night after my evening class. We went into a pub and stayed there for quite a while. It was fun :D

am i the only one who's greatly annoyed by st. patrick's day?

why not st. george, st. andrew or st. david's day? it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me when i see so many people who aren't even remotely irish, dress up and play the part.

it's actually worse when they say "well, my grandpa was born there before he moved to north america at the age of 2."

it's almost like celebrating canada day when you're american, or german reunification day when you're italian. i realise the correlation isn't really there with those examples, but still... it's just... strange.

happy st. patrick's day to the irish... and to everyone else, i hope you had a happy tuesday.

why not st. george, st. andrew or st. david's day? it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me when i see so many people who aren't even remotely irish, dress up and play the part.

it's actually worse when they say "well, my grandpa was born there before he moved to north america at the age of 2."

it's almost like celebrating canada day when you're american, or german reunification day when you're italian. i realise the correlation isn't really there with those examples, but still... it's just... strange.

happy st. patrick's day to the irish... and to everyone else, i hope you had a happy tuesday.

:lol: ... You arent the only one, im irish (well northern irish) and i think its pretty stupid myself (st.patricks day that is) .. You know what the best part is? St.Patrick wasnt even irish! Still though its an excuse for irish people (and honorary irish people) to get drunk and have a laugh .. not that they really needed one ... :wink:

:angry:

Back
Top Bottom