Guy Oseary, Madonna, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone else find it strange and maybe a bit irritating, that Guy Oseary, the man who represents U2 as their new manager, has been all over social media, in particular Twitter, about Madonna and the album leaks first and her newly released singles now, posting and re-tweeting people posting about her and the new songs' charts positions, but apparently hasn't bothered to do anything even remotely similar for U2 since SOI came out, neither when the album was released, when the Apple backlash was taking place, when the album was released again, when the tour was announced, when performances were canceled due to Bono's accident etc etc?

I don't think it's asked too much from a manager who earns shitloads of money with his famous clients to at least take some interest in pushing their image and promoting their music and performances in the public by means of social media which clearly is one of the most important channels for doing so these days.

Judging from Oseary's social media behavior and communication or better: non-communication in regards to U2 you wouldn't even know he's their manager at all. Doesn't he care about the band? It seems like that to me. He surely cares a lot about Madonna, though.

But what do I know. Maybe all of this is just part of a big plan I don't understand.

I see what you mean because I went to his twitter page and went back around SOI was released from about September 9 to October 9 there were 8 tweets about u2 including two (red) tweets around world aids day. As for Madonna from Dec. 19 up to Dec. 23 (today) he has retweeted from fans, chart position, and articles.

Also, there is no mention of the European promo (late night with Graham Norton, EMA's, etc. but I will give him the benefit of the doubt because he just started managing u2 last year.

Oseary deserves some credit for being at the beck and call of five of the most over-inflated egos in music. He must feel like an orderly at a very expensive old folks' home.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Oseary not talking U2 on social media. I'm sure that was planned. Different clients have different needs. U2 does not need their manager pushing them on social media. Madonna's something entirely different.

well billboard did their yearly list and guy was number 18 and here's a little piece about u2

Even the mixed reception to U2's free-download release of Songs of Innocence hasn't deterred Oseary from plotting new ways to innovate on the band's upcoming tour. Says Oseary, "My education process with U2 has grown a million times over."

Back
Top Bottom