Great Dallas interview with tour of his part in 360 Underworld

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
This is a nice interview with Dallas, taken on the 360 Tour (not sure which leg). He talks about how Edge likes his guitars, all the prep he (Dallas) does before and during the shows, etc. You see all of Edge's guitars, his rig, Dallas' section of Underworld, etc., as well. Dallas also talks briefly about how he got into being a guitar tech, life as a tech, what he does in his spare time, and more.

If you're a Dallas fan, or if you have any interest in the rig or guitars, it's definitely a video worth checking out. The man's dedication is out of this world.

Part 1:
‪MR Dallas schoo‬‏ - YouTube

Part 2:
‪Part 2 of Dallas schoo‬‏ - YouTube

The sound is a little muffled for the first minute or so, but is perfect once they go into Underworld.

I hope Dallas got a pay raise for all his extra work :tsk:

:wink:

So for techies out there, how come Adam never needs leeds for any of the songs, and can go roaming?
Yeah, I've noticed Edge is a little more tied to the stage, as explained in part 2

Last edited:
I think leeds are the wires that make Edge physically plugged to the main stage. Only on some songs he goes wireless.

"Schoo's Fish tank" and "Shoo box", did ya'll spot that? It's adorable that he revealed so much about himself: a swimmer, eh?:hmm:

I think leeds are the wires that make Edge physically plugged to the main stage. Only on some songs he goes wireless.

"Schoo's Fish tank" and "Shoo box", did ya'll spot that? It's adorable that he revealed so much about himself: a swimmer, eh?:hmm:

Ah leads you mean then. And Adam doesn't use them because it's easier on wireless, he can be mobile and do whatever he wants without paying attention to the cables he might trip over. For bass it does not make as much of a difference in sound as it does for guitar.

There used to be a Dallas fansite called www.swaggerandstyle.com, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Anyone know if it's moved or simply gone? Any other sites out there?

This is from Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia late last year :) My home town.

On a more personal note, I must say that Dallas really is an extremely kind hearted man. Very nice dude.

Dallas stories, please! (Hey, isn't it like almost 6pm in Brisbane now? I'm off to bed--almost 3am central time)

It is 6pm in Brisbane right now, and I'm still at work! YUK

I met Dallas outside the Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland, NZ at 11:30pm at night while he was walking to the crew bus. Despite the fact that it was freezing and he'd worked a hard day he still had time for a quick chat and handshake. Awesome guy!

Well, you'll be off work soon, I hope! Lovin' the AUssie winters, huh? Over here, we worry that the heat wave will melt us in the GA lines:lol:

Dallas is really a sweetie, wished he were on the U2 plane with them, but I guess not huh!

It is 6pm in Brisbane right now, and I'm still at work! YUK

I met Dallas outside the Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland, NZ at 11:30pm at night while he was walking to the crew bus. Despite the fact that it was freezing and he'd worked a hard day he still had time for a quick chat and handshake. Awesome guy!
i still wish we had fully passed on our thoughts as to how good boy falls from the sky sounded.

I simply love Dallas. Such a sweet, modest guy, so lovely. And at the same time such a professional. Really tough, challenging job he's having there. :up:

I liked how it's was much more of a casual conversation than Dallas in "media" mode. For Edge freaks and cover bands he did let some new(?) secrets slip which is quite refreshing.

I did like how the interviewer joked about listening to the tech soundchecks on youtube!!!

Well, I've just been thinking about our favorite person named after a city since the tour ended. I'll bet Dallas has to fly all of Edge's guitars safely back to Hanover Quay and give them a good last polish (for storage) before he can fly home to Kentucky (or I heard someone say that he lives in Colorado now, although in the above interview he's taking classes at Xavier University in Cincinatti, which is close to Kentucky). Perhaps his vacation is just about starting now. He deserves as long a break as the band!:D

Back
Top Bottom