Grammy Nominations 12-02-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lulz at the Grammys. I think I'd prefer it if U2 just weren't nominated at all. NLOTH's too good for that shit.

Lulz at the Grammys. I think I'd prefer it if U2 just weren't nominated at all. NLOTH's too good for that shit.

Yeah, it's actually kind of embarrassing to have NLOTH in the mix with this.

Ha ha, this song reminds me so much Vegas & the Rose Bowl.

I wonder if U2 will even show up for this show.

I hate to say I told you so....but I told you so.

I said last year after they won all those Grammys they wont be getting nominated for much again and they wont win a thing this year.

I said last year after they won all those Grammys they wont be getting nominated for much again and they wont win a thing this year.

They won something last year? I didn't even think they were nominated.

My money's on them picking up at least one of the two Grammys that Crazy is nominated for. DMB probably has a lock on best rock album ahead of NLOTH, though.

I'm a bit shocked actually. Dave Matthews Band released an album? I didn't even know. I'm not surprised at Gaga, BEP, Beyonce or Swift (Gaga deserved it and well Swift has the best selling album of the year). But dammit, if U2 are getting snubbed I'd have much rather it been for Kanye, Green Day or even the boring Kings of Leon.

My money's on them picking up at least one of the two Grammys that Crazy is nominated for. DMB probably has a lock on best rock album ahead of NLOTH, though.

I think Use Somebody will beat them both times.

re: Last year - they were not nominated for anything.

re: this year - if Moment of Surrender had been released as a single, I bet it'd have been up there for song/record of the year.

Theyve won like 20 grammys in the last 10 years which considering the output theyve put out is actually quite a joke. Not that they were bad albums but they certainly wearnt worth more Grammys then any other band has ever won.

The lack of nominations this year was totally predictable, and to be honest I am totally fine with them not being nominated. Grammy's have never really liked experimental records.

[FONT=&quot]Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Can't Find My Way Home[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Life In Technicolor II - Coldplay[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]21 Guns - Green Day[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Use Somebody[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Kings Of Leon[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - U2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Rock Song [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]The Fixer[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Pearl Jam)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (U2)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]21 Guns (Green Day)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Use Somebody[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Kings Of Leon)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Working On A Dream[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Bruce Springsteen)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Rock Album [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Black Ice[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - AC/DC[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Live From Madison Square Garden[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]21st Century Breakdown[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Green Day[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Big Whiskey And The Groogrux King[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Dave Matthews Band[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]No Line On The Horizon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - U2[/FONT]
Grammy.com

KOL for the win! (Even though Use Somebody sucks...and thats coming froma huge KOL fan)

I think they've got the Rock Album category in the bag. The Grammys (Grammies?) love U2, and honestly, the rest of that category is a little meh. Their biggest competition there is probably Green Day.

I did like the Dave Matthews Band CD, but there's no way that will win over U2.

I think they've got the Rock Album category in the bag. The Grammys (Grammies?) love U2, and honestly, the rest of that category is a little meh. Their biggest competition there is probably Green Day.

I did like the Dave Matthews Band CD, but there's no way that will win over U2.

To me it says they'll win since DMB got the nom for Album of the year and not U2 - I could definitely be wrong though.

Yeah, I just went back and read the thread ... should have figured I'd just be repeating what was already said! :lol:

Wow, those album of the year nominees are :crack: And you know me - I love me some Lady GaGa! I didn't think that would get nominated.

Black Eyed Peas for album of the year? Really, Grammy people? Really. REALLY????

They're going to give it to massively overrated Taylor Swift anyway, and I will just vomit into the nearest potted plant.

Probably because no one really heard it except for .... well, U2 fans. ;)

Seriously though, I would rather see Magnificent nominated over Crazy Tonight because as much as I love Crazy Tonight, it's a little moment of bland compared to the rest of a great album.

Oh well.

And what the shit is this?

BEST POP PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS
Daryl Hall and John Oates' "Sara Smile"

Nineteen-seventy-whatever called .... it wants its song back.

Black Eyed Peas for album of the year? Really, Grammy people? Really. REALLY????

They're going to give it to massively overrated Taylor Swift anyway, and I will just vomit into the nearest potted plant.

Oh yeah...they went there

FUCK THIS...JUST GIVE EVERYTHING TO GAGA!
Glastonbury+Festival+2009+Day+2+8bKkoDfTt7Il.jpg

Back
Top Bottom