Grammy Nominations 12-02-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At this point, why is anyone stressing about U2 winning another Grammy Award? Does it matter, or do some people actually want to see Bono fully mutate into "South Park" Bono?

Not stressing, it's more like hoping one of their best albums get recognised by the *award industry.

what's wrong with south park? :angry:

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Nothing. The show's one of my faves.

Just the whole angle they play on Bono tho has a bit of truth to it. The way he's just everywhere in the world, winning awards, giving speeches, plus the way he really seems to relish winning awards... the man's obviously overexposed. Maybe it's just me but i'm way past the point of being excited to see U2 win yet another award.

Not stressing, it's more like hoping one of their best albums get recognised by the *award industry.

Being recognized by the award industry is pretty meaningless. It's all politics and sales and hype. If they actually gave out awards to people who deserved awards based on musical merit, no one would tune in, for no one would have a clue who any of the nominees were. It's a mainstream show for the mainstream public. It's a popularity contest.

i think the committee that has been good to u2 has finally said 'ok, its someone elses turn'

that would be a new rock band 'kings of leon'.

Yes. They grew tired of filet mignon, so, out of the hundreds of thousands of dishes in the world, they chose antifreeze.

what's wrong with south park? :angry:

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

bono_in_africa.jpg

Aren't the grammys on in like 1 or 2 hours?

I didn't even know it was on tonight.

I just checked out the nominees and wow did i laugh hard.

the only thing i'd maybe tune in to see is if Depeche Mode's "Sounds Of The Universe" wins best alternative album. (not that it's great by any stretch of the imagination), but it would be cool to see David Gahan go on and on passionately while Martin Gore makes a few dry remarks.

I don't even like Kings of Leon and I hate "Use somebody" this sucks :( I hope they win their 3rd nomination later tonight

lol I know, and if U2 doesn't get that Grammy I'll be pissed!!! I can't believe Kings of Leon won. they aren't even 'that' good.

Back
Top Bottom