Grammy awards 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
788690128417943844.jpg

:shifty: Is that the leave Britney alone guy? I vaguely recognise him from the meme ep of South Park.

:corn: This thread has certainly gained quite some amusement value overnight.

Reading is FUNdamental.

Reading is fundamental, yes, I agree. And I think that you should follow your own advice. Saying that they have a different approach implies that the result is the same. And it's not. The way their egos make them behave is very different. To say that they're the same because they have large egos is like saying peaches and nectarines are the same because they're both orange fruits.

About Kanye,
I am not heavily invested in this debate

I believe it is hard to quantify art, I accept his recordings are art that speak to a large group, he has a sizable fan base
that being said, his actions outside of his art are very problematic

defending his actions seems to be pointless
he has mental problems

Kanye West says he had a good reason for getting out of his chair when Beck won album of the year at the Grammys on Sunday: Kanye told him to do it.

"Right when that happened, everybody was looking at me and then people started screaming, 'Kanye! Kanye! Go do it!' Okay, that didn't really happen. These were voices in my head," West told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM radio show Wednesday morning. "So the voices in my head told me go and then I just walked up like halfway up the stage."

About Kanye,
I am not heavily invested in this debate

I believe it is hard to quantify art, I accept his recordings are art that speak to a large group, he has a sizable fan base
that being said, his actions outside of his art are very problematic

defending his actions seems to be pointless
he has mental problems

I read that blurb earlier, goes to show it wasn't meant to be a joke as if to mock himself but rather he really was about to ruin the moment for Beck.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Methinks Brian's vacay will last longer than 6 months once they dig a little into his Katrina stories and others.

Pretty embarrassing to be in a position that is heavily dependent on being impartial and having credibility and then to get suspended for 6 months due to...credibility issues.

I like the guy but I'm thinking he might be a very different person than the way I think of him.

Pretty embarrassing to be in a position that is heavily dependent on being impartial and having credibility and then to get suspended for 6 months due to...credibility issues.

I like the guy but I'm thinking he might be a very different person than the way I think of him.

but would you peter his pan?

I read that blurb earlier, goes to show it wasn't meant to be a joke as if to mock himself but rather he really was about to ruin the moment for Beck.

deep is a known troll so not going to respond to that, but this is a perfect example of someone making their mind up about Kanye without actually going beyond the surface level at all. infuriating.

I listened to Yeezus the other day all the way through for the first time. Holy Shit, what a mind-trip of an album. I think his persona is offputting, but there's no denying I love that album. Didn't care much for his early singles. But Yeezus has made me a believer.

"Yo, uh, uh c'mon

I've been so lonely girl, I've been so sad and down
Couldn't understand why haters joked around
I wanted to be free with other creatures like me
And now I got my wish, cause i know that I'm a gay fish (gay fish)

(Gay fish Yo) mother fuckin' gay fish
(I'm a fish yo) goin' on a gay fish
(It's alright girl) makin' love to other gay fish"

That's Kayne's best work.

"Yo, uh, uh c'mon

I've been so lonely girl, I've been so sad and down
Couldn't understand why haters joked around
I wanted to be free with other creatures like me
And now I got my wish, cause i know that I'm a gay fish (gay fish)

(Gay fish Yo) mother fuckin' gay fish
(I'm a fish yo) goin' on a gay fish
(It's alright girl) makin' love to other gay fish"

That's Kayne's best work.

kanye-sp-7-450x337.png

:love:

Great ep, gotta love how they even referenced it in the Hobbit ep. :lol:

Another bright spark quoting a six-year-old joke that wasn't that funny to begin with. Congratulations. Now kindly fuck off.

Sorry, "My Girl Aint No Hobbit" is alright, but I think his older music is definitely better.
BTW, do you like fish sticks?

deep is a known troll so not going to respond to that, but this is a perfect example of someone making their mind up about Kanye without actually going beyond the surface level at all. infuriating.

Oh come on. Seriously. There isn't a surface level to go below here. Kanye just acted like a total dipshit. The end.

Oh come on. Seriously. There isn't a surface level to go below here. Kanye just acted like a total dipshit. The end.

I think by "surface level" he was referring to people actually listening to Kanye's music, not this specific instance.

I think by "surface level" he was referring to people actually listening to Kanye's music, not this specific instance.

Ah. Well I just think that some (maybe not cobbler) have jumped to the conclusion that just because others are slamming Kanye they have no idea about his music. Which in itself is fallacy, I've been with Kanye since day 1, have defended him here (see: irrational U2 fandom weeping and gnashing of teeth over him opening for U2) and yet I still think he acts like a total dipshit many times.

Kanye might be a dipshit, but he's no fool. Sam Smith won 4 Grammy awards and essentially owned the night, but everyone is talking about Kanye's one moment during the Grammys where he "almost" sabotaged Beck's acceptance speech. Of course, his comments after the show helped him generate more heat on himself, but also more attention. Kanye is the type of personality that feeds off of negative feedback. Remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity. He easily has that market cornered.

Ah. Well I just think that some (maybe not cobbler) have jumped to the conclusion that just because others are slamming Kanye they have no idea about his music. Which in itself is fallacy, I've been with Kanye since day 1, have defended him here (see: irrational U2 fandom weeping and gnashing of teeth over him opening for U2) and yet I still think he acts like a total dipshit many times.

Agreed. He can be brilliant musically (I won't use the word "genius" because I don't think he's reached the level of the names that I immediately think of when I hear the term "musical genius" yet. I reserve that category for names like Lennon, McCartney, Harrison, Hendrix, Dylan, Cobain, and Shakur - among others - but this is a debate for a Bang & Clatter thread), but that by no means excludes him from acting like a total jackass at times. All of those names I just mentioned have done and said some thoroughly ignorant/stupid/downright despicable shit.

For some reason lots of people are acting like Kanye's music can't possible be anything but totally worthless because he's a jackass, or that he can't possibly be a jackass because his music is on par with the best things every written. For me it's patently obvious that the answer lies somewhere in the middle, but some are incapable of dealing in anything but absolutes and extremes.

For some reason lots of people are acting like Kanye's music can't possible be anything but totally worthless because he's a jackass, or that he can't possibly be a jackass because his music is on par with the best things every written. For me it's patently obvious that the answer lies somewhere in the middle, but some are incapable of dealing in anything but absolutes and extremes.

This this this-this-this this this this-this-this

Kanye West is a sensitive soul when it comes to people suffering from disease. Check out the lyrics to his track "On Sight"

Soon as I pull up and park the Benz/ We get this bitch shaking like Parkinson's :doh:

Rapper Kanye West attacked by Parkinson's UK charity over 'inexcusably stupid' shaking lyric on track from new album Yeezus - News - Music - The Independent

This article really makes me laugh :lol:

Yeezus, Kanye! 10 Dumbest Lines From Kanye West's Latest Album

voice-of-a-generation.jpg

Kanye-West-Meme-Quotes-4.jpg

Well I'd rather see you dead, little girl
Than to be with another man
You better keep your head, little girl
Or I won't know where I am

You better run for your life if you can, little girl
Hide your head in the sand little girl
Catch you with another man
That's the end ah little girl

Well I know that I'm a wicked guy
And I was born with a jealous mind
And I can't spend my whole life
Trying just to make you toe the line

Let this be a sermon
I mean everything I've said
Baby, I'm determined
And I'd rather see you dead

I'd rather see you dead, little girl
Or you won't know where I am

Nah nah nah
Nah nah nah
Nah nah nah
Nah nah nah (fade out)

rubber-soul-1.jpg

Well I'd rather see you dead, little girl

Or I won't know where I am

Well I know that I'm a wicked guy

And I was born with a jealous mind

And I can't spend my whole life

Trying just to make you toe the line

Let this be a sermon

I mean everything I've said

Baby, I'm determined

And I'd rather see you dead

I'd rather see you dead, little girl

Or you won't know where I am

Nah nah nah

Nah nah nah

Nah nah nah

Nah nah nah (fade out)

rubber-soul-1.jpg

But that song sounded happy so I'm sure the lyrics had a deeper, happier meaning. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom