Got a U2 'shrine'? Let it shine! Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my 'shrine'. A matted, framed lithograph on my living-room wall. :D

u2saderup.jpg

I took this pic with the intent of posting on this forum to identify the artist whose signature I couldn't decipher. A few days later I found some other prints by the same artist for sale (in a hardware store, of all places). The artist is Gary Saderup.

Here is my 'shrine'. A matted, framed lithograph on my living-room wall. :D

u2saderup.jpg

I took this pic with the intent of posting on this forum to identify the artist whose signature I couldn't decipher. A few days later I found some other prints by the same artist for sale (in a hardware store, of all places). The artist is Gary Saderup.

Wow. He caputured the eyes of all 4 of them beautifully. Even Edge's sleepy left eye.
Nice one!

So wish I could use that tin/lunchbox! :heart: Unfortunately, security requirements at my work prohibit bringing in containers that aren't clear. :down:

OK, I've been intending for a while to post some updated shots of my shrine. Well, I've gotten myself an early Christmas present & decided my U2 room was a good a subject to photograph for practice as anything. These aren't the greatest, but you'll get the idea. :wink:

P1000006.jpg

P1000015.jpg

P1000007.jpg

P1000013.jpg

P1000014.jpg

P1000008.jpg

P1000019.jpg

And my newest acquisition (which I haven't even framed yet), along with my favorite Christmas card ever! :D
P1000021.jpg

I have a few other framed Rolling Stone magazines, along with my framed Best Of albums, but they're hung on the wall higher than head level & I couldn't get an angle that didn't show any glare without climbing on the furniture - which I just wasn't feeling tonight. So I'll get those later (in daylight) & post them then. :up:

U2 8-Track Tapes

I haven't been to this thread in a while. I hope my fellow collectors are doing well!

I wanted to add an image of my newest completed items - U2 8-track tapes!

To the younger fans, 8-track tapes are a bit like cassette tapes, but larger. One could shift to another song quickly by changing tracks, instead of flipping over a tape. They were another means of distributing music, like a vinyl album. 8-Track tapes never caught on in Europe, but were somewhat popular in the U.S. in the 1970's and early 1980's because of their portability and because automobile manufacturers installed 8-track tape players in car stereo systems.

With the advent of CD's and the even smaller cassette tapes, 8-tracks vanished. The last were made in the very late 1980's.

U2 only had four 8-tracks - all distributed by record clubs. I finally acquired all four U2 8-tracks. Two were never opened. The other two are in very good condition. I made an attempt at a frame (normally I don't frame my U2 items, but as there were only four of these tapes, I decided to give it a go). I probably will improve upon this framing in the future, but wanted to share this image with others. :wave:

U28-Tracks_zpsf15940c0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom