Glen Hansard & Bono - The Auld Triangle (live in NYC last night)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tut old news, Headache! you really should visit PLEBA more! :D

[just kidding] :wink:

I had thought this was a "traditional" (i.e., old) Irish song. But nope!

The Auld Triangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This, of course, does not make this any less awesome, I just thought it was interesting. It also says U2 has covered the song, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm assuming they don't mean this performance (mostly because this is not U2).

Edit: Oh! Cool.

U2 The Auld Triangle - U2 on tour

Ha I thought this seemed familiar. :D Heard that in Dublin!

I saw Glen Hansard open for Eddie Vedder at the Beacon theater. I was blown away by his talent and the strength if his voice.

At one point he sang the song Lies... but before he said that as a guy with a tradition built from busking on the street he'd sing the song without a microphone. He moved to the front of the stage and filled the entire hall with his voice. It was amazing.

I saw Glen Hansard open for Eddie Vedder at the Beacon theater. I was blown away by his talent and the strength if his voice.

At one point he sang the song Lies... but before he said that as a guy with a tradition built from busking on the street he'd sing the song without a microphone. He moved to the front of the stage and filled the entire hall with his voice. It was amazing.

He's incredibly talented! I guess you've seen him in the film Once? What a performance! That guy can truly sing (and write)!

kicking myself for only just getting round to listen to Glen Hansard properly after all these years - am totally hooked on the music from the film Once, and have had to order the dvd! the songs are just so beautiful :heart:

mama cass said:
kicking myself for only just getting round to listen to Glen Hansard properly after all these years - am totally hooked on the music from the film Once, and have had to order the dvd! the songs are just so beautiful :heart:

It's a good movie. Make sure you hear Fitzcarraldo.

I don't understand why there's a musical. The movie was wonderful. Why did someone feel the need to "improve" upon it? I have no desire to see/hear anyone else singing those songs and playing those parts.

Obviously, different strokes for different folks, and I hear it's very good and people are loving it, but I just don't get it. It just feels like another string of the musicals based on movies that have been the trend. Can't anyone come up with their own damned ideas?

i do love the look of the musical in the clips i've seen on youtube, with the actors playing their instruments on stage - it looks lovely and so full of energy - would love to see it!

the bits from the musical i've seen, with the choreography, remind me very much of a French circus/theatre company called Cirque Plume, brilliant artists and musicians - the instruments and musicianship (is that even a word? LOL) are so strong they have a voice of their own and become characters in their own right...

i just caught the film Once the other night, and the music is definitely the strong point - the directing and dialogue/screenplay and acting are pretty iffy really LOL but it's the music and overall storyline and human characters that really grab you and really work... and i loved it nonetheless...

Back
Top Bottom