Glastonbury TV Coverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry's as nice a sounding guy as ever, good to hear him being interview but GOD Lowe's laugh at the end of that sound verrrry forced and uncomfortable :lol:

this is the first time I've listened to Breathe in about 6 months. sounds better than ever :drool:

After all that i missed most of it :lol: can someone give me a little recap?

I missed the very first bit before Breathe myself but just give me a second and I'll recap the rest for you!

Edited to add:
Thanks to enajh2 for providing me with the audio for the first part I missed:

* Discussing nicknames - "Lazmondo" (what the hell? :huh:) vs "Bang-Bang"
* Lowe sweettalks Larry by saying he choose the right interviewee - Larry and Adam are more sought after than Edge and Bono he reckons.
* :larry: "Glastonbury never seemed right before - this time around we have to do it. It's not a 360° show and we're out of our comfort zone."
* "Despite everything we have something to prove and its about the songs. Glastonbury is about a band being able to get up and play the music and there aren't bells and whistles necessarily - that's a challenge for us".
* It's a small stage, sort of going back to the roots of the band. "It's somewhere we're going anyway, we just didn't quite think that Glastonbury would be the first outing because it's such a big deal. We're getting back to our roots a little earlier than anticipated." (indoor tour next time?)

(Breathe intermission)

* Bono's back problem last year and Edge's appearance with Muse and the disappointment of not being able to do it.
* Larry says it's taken a lot of time and energy to "ramp up again" and reschedule for this year - not to mention deciding on the setlist.
* "Again, Without all the bells and whistles its like four guys back in the room playing through different setlists". Larry says he's glad it is happening finally but also nice for it to be over with finally.
* Larry confirms there will be surprises in store for the fans in the setlist and that it's been difficult to put it together. "We've gone through a number of combinations - everybody seems to have a slightly different opinion which is not good news."
* "Lazmondo" says there are a few different camps: The Where The Streets Have No Name-camp, The Achtung Baby-dynamic approach camp (where you sort of build slowly) and yet others want to open with 40. "There's an awful lot of opinions"
* Zane Lowe requests that the band opens with Zoo Station - or "just open it with Streets and get it done!" Larry is wondering where to go from there, but Lowe points out they have a lot of hit records to follow it up with.
* Lowe says he'll do it for them; "City Of Blinding Lights->The Fly->With Or Without You->Zoo Station->Pride->Breathe->Until The End Of The World..."
* Larry wants him to send him a postcard with his setlist request before saying his goodbyes: "We're all looking forward to it, there's a lot to play for because we wanna get it right - we want to make it the best Glastonbury ever!"

I'm hoping that there will be U2 videos of every song the uploaded the next day. I will be away from home and unable to watch any streams or Television that day.
:sad::sad:

Zane Lowe is impossibly annoying. :D

"End of the World" :rockon:

Alas, I'm assuming that too is unavailable in the US. :(

Ooh, but as it will be broadcast somewhere in full, I am very hopeful that we will have a bootleg up of it very soon after! So yay.

Alas, I'm assuming that too is unavailable in the US. :(

Ooh, but as it will be broadcast somewhere in full, I am very hopeful that we will have a bootleg up of it very soon after! So yay.

Setanta Ireland is a Satelite channel on Astra 28.2 east (thats a European sat). You would need a super sized dish that could see OVER the horizon to pick it up in the USA. But go ahead and have a go, u never know!:D

Anyway, yes there will be bootlegs galore within an hour of the live event.:applaud:

i'm sure those of us glued to our tvs will be able to post setlist updates for those who can't watch... i will try from my mobile phone :hug:

I need to pay attention more. I don't even know what day they're playing. :reject:

And what time will it be in the US? Should be afternoon, probably, yes? They go on at 10:00 at night or something, England time?

Back
Top Bottom