General discussion for an actual late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So looking at the most recent rehearsal run through compared to the final JT17 show:

In:
-Angel of Harlem
-Even Better Than The Real Thing
-Every Breaking Wave
-Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way

Out:
-You're The Best Thing About Me (but rehearsed earlier)
-One
-I Will Follow

Rehearsed earlier:
-Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of
-The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
-You're The Best Thing About Me

Like that there's
Even Better and Love is Bigger, and something from SOI (which is the only album I haven't heard any songs from, apart from Pop :sad:).

Right now I'm just happy that I'll be able to see my favourite band again in just under four days from now.

Last edited:
So if I have this right, Auckland is 18 hours ahead of the US EST Time Zone which means they will be live at approximately 3am EST on 11/7 for the 11/8 ~9pm show start on 11/8. Guess I’ll be watching videos after the fact instead of a potential live periscope feed. :). Anyone here planning to broadcast it live for people on time zones that are more conducive to watching it live?

I just noticed Ticketek updated the seating maps. Adelaide has drastically changed due to poor sales. The stage will be basically near the middle of the oval rather than the end.

Their exit music when the house lights come on at the end for every show on this leg should be Fleetwood Mac's Never Going Back Again.

Because, well...you know.

Adelaide Oval has a 53.5k seated capacity in a city of 1.3 million. If it ends up selling half decently, they're still punching well above their weight, for a show on a Tuesday night too.

I honestly love where they’re going with setlists. I know the JT format is limiting but I think it’s a great selection for the non-JT songs and a bit of an improvement over 2017.

I honestly love where they’re going with setlists. I know the JT format is limiting but I think it’s a great selection for the non-JT songs and a bit of an improvement over 2017.

Agreed - and hopefully the number of songs they are rehearsing means some degree of rotation.

-Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of

Good to see the We're Sorry About The AUD-USD Conversion Rates Circa 2001 Tour is continuing unabated.

So if I have this right, Auckland is 18 hours ahead of the US EST Time Zone which means they will be live at approximately 3am EST on 11/7 for the 11/8 ~9pm show start on 11/8. Guess I’ll be watching videos after the fact instead of a potential live periscope feed. :). Anyone here planning to broadcast it live for people on time zones that are more conducive to watching it live?

I would hope that all of us are the sort of people more inclined to watch and enjoy the show in person rather than stream it, no offence intended.

Decided not to avoid spoilers, I think it is safer so as to avoid personal disappointment haha.

Very much like the EBTTRT and Angel of Harlem inclusions. Haven't heard the former and the latter is always great fun, particularly proper full band.

I am super thankful Bad is in the set, but bummed they've decided to keep it in that weird short first part instead of the encore.

Will be cool to hear Love is Bigger, I guess, I don't dislike that song, though I am not sold at all on it as a closer.

Elevation, Beautiful Day & Vertigo are whatever, they were always going to do them, so fair enough. I really like Stuck. I love Ultraviolet a hell of a lot but I wouldn't mind hearing something different, had it at four of my last five U2 shows. Every Breaking Wave and Miracle can both get absolutely fucked. Based on that full rehearsal run-through I hate to say the encores will be pretty flattening, the JT30 shows I saw had Bad, I Will Follow and One + Hear Us Coming.

Man, we got lucky on Night 1 at the Rose Bowl. I know I've said it before but I think bears repeating.

As for Love Is a Bigger as a closer, I think it's great, especially as they've extended the outro to greater effect.

And it's a lot better than Still Haven't Found at one of the i+e shows I saw (WTF was with that decision?) and the anticlimactic Moment of Surrender from the two previous tours. Or hearing One (even with Hear Us Coming) or 40 close it out yet again, which has grown a bit stale IMO.

40 would be nice at least once, it hasn't been played here in 30 years.

Closing songs I've seen
1x Bad
2x Moment of Surrender
2x I Will Follow
2x Little Things

By the third or fourth JT17 show I saw, it was really weird mentally preparing yourself for hearing either an upbeat crowd pleaser or a downbeat song that nobody had heard of.

What I'd really really like and is within the realms of possibility:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
A Sort of Homecoming
Pride
Streets
ISHFWILF
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers of the Disappeared

Desire
Angel of Harlem
All I Want is You
One / Hear Us Coming
EBTTRT
Bad

What I'd really really like and is within the realms of possibility:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
A Sort of Homecoming
Pride
Streets
ISHFWILF
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers of the Disappeared

Desire
Angel of Harlem
All I Want is You
One / Hear Us Coming
EBTTRT
Bad

That TUF song is not “within the realm of possibility”. Nor is them ignoring the two most recent albums. But good luck with that.

I fucking hate these people. If I get word it’s happening in Melbourne I think I’ll seriously go down there and abuse them. Arseholes.

“Check in once a day”. These assholes. If any of them are reading this, get stuffed. If they’re your friends, tell them to get stuffed.

Do your worst, Cobbler.

Lemme at em

No il super fantastico filo linea generale ammissione: turbanti europee per tuttis allowed

"Here's a song that's from a time when we went back to the old way of making music, and our love for American roots..."

(crowd cheers, begins chanting "Lovetown! Lovetown!")

"...this is In A Little While."

Last edited:
No ONE is unexpected, but not surprising considering they dropped it only recently. When they dropped it from shows on I+e, now THAT was shocking.

Back
Top Bottom