General discussion for an actual late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono copping a lot of shit on socials for going to India with the Kashmir situation the way it is.

My $0.02 - no one said that about them playing in America with the Trump situation. Punishing fans for awful regime decisions is a strange thing to expect from an entertainer. The most effective thing he can do is go there and condemn the actions to his base.

Bono copping a lot of shit on socials for going to India with the Kashmir situation the way it is.

My $0.02 - no one said that about them playing in America with the Trump situation. Punishing fans for awful regime decisions is a strange thing to expect from an entertainer. The most effective thing he can do is go there and condemn the actions to his base.

Agree completely. See also Queen playing Sun City in 1984 - as long as there are no conditions placed upon the gig relative to the political situation, not playing doesn't benefit the people impacted, it just deprives people who probably don't favor the current situation anyway of a good gig.

Agreed. And Kashmir is just one of the many things he can condemn. He can expect a very mixed reaction if he does bring it up during the show. Sort of like what they got when they did the Trump/Hillary stuff in red states. I really hope he goes all in but he'll probably be more cautious considering it's a new audience and country for them.

Last edited:
It’s funny how U2 catch shit for branching out into new territories, even though they’re hardly the first western act to play in these territories. I don’t remember anybody roasting Chris Martin when Coldplay played India a couple years ago. Nobody gave Axl Rose any shit for GnR playing in the Philippines, but they sure did for Bono!

It’s funny how U2 catch shit for branching out into new territories, even though they’re hardly the first western act to play in these territories. I don’t remember anybody roasting Chris Martin when Coldplay played India a couple years ago. Nobody gave Axl Rose any shit for GnR playing in the Philippines, but they sure did for Bono!

Yeah people need to get off their political high horses , stop finding anything and everything to moan about and see it for what it is . A bloody rock gig . There’s bad shit happening in London , New York, Sydney etc etc if an artist didn’t play somewhere cause of different things we would never have any tours

when every tour you do is a platform for political speechmaking and social campaigning, it can't really be a surprise when they get feedback/pushback (i.e. shit) for some of their decisions.

Personally I agree with rennowba and people just need to chill, but as long as U2 are going to insist on moralizing to their audiences and chatting with politicos, they ought to expect this.

On a separate note, I wonder if Bono has broken up with his boyfriend Justin Trudeau yet.... stay tuned....

I don't really care one way or another - but I would absolutely understand if musical acts stopped coming here because of Clownface von Fuck Stick and/or our obscene problem with gun violence.

I don't really care one way or another - but I would absolutely understand if musical acts stopped coming here because of Clownface von Fuck Stick and/or our obscene problem with gun violence.

I completely agree - I just think opponents to the regimes expecting it from artists is bizarre. Would back bands 100% if they chose to do it.

I have got 4 tickets through presale...... Mumbai..... We are coming !! A fan of U2 for 33 years and this is my 1st time to see U2 live in person !! I will see the concert with my son who is 14 years old. He is also a U2 fan. Thanks U2 for coming to Mumbai ( I am from Bangladesh , neighbouring country of India ) .... It’s a life-long dream come true !!

I have got 4 tickets through presale...... Mumbai..... We are coming !! A fan of U2 for 33 years and this is my 1st time to see U2 live in person !! I will see the concert with my son who is 14 years old. He is also a U2 fan. Thanks U2 for coming to Mumbai ( I am from Bangladesh , neighbouring country of India ) .... It’s a life-long dream come true !!

Congrats. Aren't you the one who went on a bit about Indians having horrendous taste in music, as a way of explaining why the band are not known there?

Hmmm....

So happy for you! Looking forward to your review, it’s going to be a special show.

Congrats. Aren't you the one who went on a bit about Indians having horrendous taste in music, as a way of explaining why the band are not known there?

Hmmm....

Yes.... You have a very sharp memory. And.... I still stand by my comment ..... Out of 1.5 billion people, probably only 5% or less know or hear U2 in India. If it proves wrong, then there is nobody more happier than me. Anyway.... U2 would never come to my country with only 1/10th of India’s population having the same range of taste for U2 music. And.... Bangladesh does not possess the logistical support to arrange a concert of U2's magnitud. For that, I will always be greatful to India.

Thanks Hewson, prbiker15 and IggyFizz for the congratulations !! I live on U2.…... It's really really special to me for having the opportunity to see them live !! Are any other Interference members coming to India to see the gig ?

Can't say I would travel all the way to India for the show but I have been to Mumbai several times and if I could somehow engineer a business trip I would certainly go...

I hope they have the security situation well thought out. Not to be a downer, but there is a reason why every hotel in India has serious security apparatus and protocols in place...

Can't say I would travel all the way to India for the show but I have been to Mumbai several times and if I could somehow engineer a business trip I would certainly go...

I hope they have the security situation well thought out. Not to be a downer, but there is a reason why every hotel in India has serious security apparatus and protocols in place...

The same stadium has hosted several IPL cricket games before and those have always had a heavy police presence so I think they'll be okay.

I'm more concerned about the logistics and hope everything goes smoothly with regards to people who have to collect their tickets on the day, those lining up early in the sun (hope they set up shade and have access to water and toilets) and the possibility of multiple GA entrances messing up the queue.

The same stadium has hosted several IPL cricket games before and those have always had a heavy police presence so I think they'll be okay.

I'm more concerned about the logistics and hope everything goes smoothly with regards to people who have to collect their tickets on the day, those lining up early in the sun (hope they set up shade and have access to water and toilets) and the possibility of multiple GA entrances messing up the queue.

Are you from India ? Will you go to the concert ?

Back
Top Bottom