Gene Simmons challenges U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH NOEZ. :sad:

Seriously, who cares who would "win"? Like if Kiss wins this epic battle, it's not okay to like U2 anymore?

Well, Gene does destroy U2 in the "who nailed the most groupies" category. Gotta give credit where its due.

today - u2 would lose that battle in a general audience, sorry but its true.

What do you mean by "general audience"? I think the "general audience" probably know more U2 songs than Kiss songs, as far as the Stones I think it woulde depend on the average age of the audience...

The only way to truly judge would be to find a big audience who are fans equally of KISS, U2 and the Stones.

Oh, and to find an audience who cares about having some sort of competition.

ONE CONCERT TO RULE THEM ALL!

Gene has lost touch with reality/gained touch with his penis in his old age.

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how many groupies you bang.

He could prove it on his own.
Here's an idea, tour football stadiums in America like U2 and the Stones and see how that works out for ya, Gene.

I take it Gene Simmons hasn't ever heard of ZOO TV and Popmart.

Painting your face black and white and extending that tongue of his doesn't mean you're a great live band by default. :wink:

Gene Simmons is more about marketing than musicianship (Kiss too for that matter) so clearly his comments are not to be taken seriously folks. They are on tour after all, gotta drum up ticket sales.

But for the record, Kiss probably would blow U2 and the Stones off the stage.
Literally - too much pyrotechnics. :wink:

today - u2 would lose that battle in a general audience, sorry but its true.

I don't think so.

The evidence is already there.

U2 is setting attendance records at stadiums. This means both their fan base and the general public interest is a lot higher than Kiss'. Who do more people want to see today? I have never heard any anecdotes of non Kiss fans seeing one of their shows and becoming addicted just due to the power of the live performance. I have heard numerous anecdotes about people neutral or even leaning negative on U2 who have come away from seeing them admitting that it is the best show they have ever seen bar none.

The Stones are doing their usual filling of stadiums, arenas and theatres.

Kiss is half broken up and they only half fill the arenas that U2 played on the Vertigo Tour.

Kiss has never been anything but an image, pure and simple.

Bono gets whacked for having some kind of supposed over inflated ego, but where is his reality TV show?

Oh, I forgot, he doesn't need it to make extra money.

He could prove it on his own.
Here's an idea, tour football stadiums in America like U2 and the Stones and see how that works out for ya, Gene.

This:up::up:

Power is in his hands. I thought you proved things through actions, not talk.

In a radio interview in the U.K., Simmons says, "I would love to play on the same stage as U2, the Stones and anybody out there who considers themself a world champion.

I bet you would Gene-O. I bet you would.

gene, hows sonic boom (i believe the name of thier recent album) doing compared to NLOTH? lets take a look at those soundscan numbers. Of course he dosn't mention that. The aveage fan would know far more u2 then kiss.

The band KISS always reminded me of proffesional wrestlers.

I do like that one song of theirs: "I WAS MADE FOR LOVING U BAYBEE, U WERE MADE FOR LOVING ME! AND I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF U BAYBEE. CAN U GET ENOUGH OF ME?"

And who can forget "Let's put the X in Sex"??? Probably their poetic masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom