Gene Simmons challenges U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you're talking just who can sell the most albums and tickets, kiss aren't close to the level that the stones or u2 have achieved.

if you're talking quality of music, which is of course an opinion, kiss aren't close to the level that the stones or u2 have achieved.

if all three acts got months to prepare their best possible show, then went out their and got to perform it... it would probably be neck and neck between u2 and the stones, with kiss coming up third due to their incredible cheese factor.

if they just kidnapped all three bands and threw them up on the stage and told them to just impress with an impromptu performance playing somebody else's songs without any rehersal, it would probably go stones first, kiss second, u2 last.

Come on, folks - we're not going to let this kind of talk get our unmentionables in a bind are we? :wink: Gene Simmons is doing what he's best at, which is masterfully & shamelessly promoting his band. :coughtheKISScoffinforcryinoutloud!cough: :shifty:

Sure, the guy's grasp of reality appears to be tenuous at best, but you gotta' admit his sense of humor is off the damn hook! :up: :lol:

I used to work with a guy, became pretty close friends while we worked together, who was a huge KISS fan. I would never bring up the topic because I didn't want to insult his band to his face.

but this other dude we worked with came up one day to the both of us and we're talking about music, (he was oblivious about this other guy's passion for KISS but knew I hated them as well) he said "Dude, I saw this shirt at the mall the other day, you would have loved it! It was made up like a KISS t-shirt but instead of KISS it said KRAP".

I laughed my ass off on a few different levels.
1. Because of the embarrassment factor "man, that's my favorite band..."
2. Because it's just funny.
3. It's always funnier if it's true.

Rock and Roll All Night
Beth
Detroit Rock City

.... those are the only three I can name, and the only one I could pick out of a lineup is Rock and Roll All Night.

And I know that Gene Simmons' real name is Chaim (did I spell that right?).

I'm posting FROM Temple. My Rabbi hates you and whatever it is that you stand for.

I met Ace Frehley once. He used to live near the sporting goods store I worked in during COLLEGE. He was A racist, too.

I stand for the Jews. You have the rare situation of an anti-SEMETIC Rabbi.

Is Ace Frehley also your favourite MEMBER of KISS?

oh just let the forked tongued one have his minute in the spotlight. why get your knickers in a twist people? every single person on this forum knows that there is not one single category of the music business that KISS can beat U2 at. even the ego department.
lyrically, musically, costumes, stages, lighting, money, marketing(doing the ipod thing for free), biggest balls(sellafield), u2 wins hands down. u2 will rip KISS a new asshole anyday.
we complain about a static setlist by u2, you should look at KISS' setlist.
i like KISS' music, but you can't sit and listen to their music for an extended time.

Back
Top Bottom